What I did in guns this week.

Don’t forget to leave room for a cot so that when she finds out that you have them you will have somewhere comfy to sleep. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I’m so confused. I thought the shed was for the wife.

2 Likes

I went and met the literal IRL version of Ace Rimmer. He lives outside of Darwin and cold bends huge pieces of ancient iron for fun. He has a forge for making girly stuff like knives and stabbing weapons, but he is a totally swashbuckling Englishman who hails from Reading and has done every death defying employ available, from buffalo catching, pearl diving and croc hunting to real estate. He found a railway whilst chasing lethal prey and ripped it up with his bear hands (yes) and mashed it into an anvil for me to ply my trade on. I exchanged some folding stuff and left thinking how awesome his life is and how shit mine is. What a guy! I have a leftover kipper he threw me if you’d like one?

3 Likes

Good stuff, he did a great job on it.

I hope so. I’ll use it mainly for setting snaps and rivets and keeping the damn leather from coiling up again. Bit the holey bit will come in handy for tapping out pins. Small pins and large pins.

Sorry I didnt think I would have to be so specific. @1Fatman why did you have the AFP turn up to the range?

I’m guessing to use the range…

They turn up & spray so all the other shooters feel even better about their aim, it’s a community service they provide regularly.

5 Likes

LOL @JSS is almost spot on.
They turned up to do training just as we were setting up, I was a bit concerned when I walked out and seen the 2 of them pull up lol.

But yes they sprayed some ammo around and I just kept giggling listening to the senior bloke who I figured was the instructor, no wonder I reckon I could stand at 25m and not get hit unless it was by a ricochet lol.

1 Like

SSAA DARWIN is the same if you go during weekdays. Usually Tuesday and Thursday is the uniforms training with pistols but lately its the black rifles and on Wednesdays the special unit with bolt actions and tacticool gear book a range.

They go through a tonne of brass, and ita always that $&%*@^@ winchester crap.

Actually went for a shot last week. Took the dog out for a run and got him used to the sound of the rifle while i practiced a bit with iron sights on the 22lr. First time in months!

1 Like

Hey @JizzFlinger, visited that range in 2010 for our silly-wet nationals. A mate from W.A had got there a couple of days earlier than us and found the rubbish skip half full of brass from “the uniforms”. It might not be your favourite brand but the few hundred I collected make for cheap parent brass for my .300 Wisper.
( That’s the original cartridge for the .300 Blackout Tac-tards ) :laughing:

Hey if it works for you Im happy. Winchester make a bazillion rounds a day and people everywhere enjoy it. For no other reason than bad luck, none of my guns have ever had good results from Winchester.

Actul footage of @danmac shaking fist at them young whisper snappers with their new fantagled tactical toys

tenor

2 Likes

Just had to put it out there for the 24hr “news cycle” brigade. “If I have just heard about it, it just happened”, seems to be their motto. History folks, history, read some someday, you’ll be amazed.
(Insert sarcasm emoji)

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: All about 300AAC

I use 6 coats of Truoil, the finish on this rifle is 4 years old and has done a lot of work. It holds up well.
The time between coats depends on temp/humidity but don’t work on it 'till it’s dry.

5 Likes

nice. score on the wood. bet it looks better than when it was new.

Looks the part mate real nice and good to hear that Truoil lasts awhile

A post was merged into an existing topic: Refurbishing a stock