What I did in guns this week.

Well another week absent from my safe queens. Just watched plenty of YouTube and thought about getting home and well I guess…giving them a clean until, we can go back out and use them.
Chinese bat virus licks balls. :cn: :bat: :microbe:

2 Likes

I was using the same boxes the H ELDM but I managed to get a few more in. Due to the bugging in Prep raising up a level :grin: I went for a bigger box. The Lap cases box’s also work well.
In keeping with our history I have also filled a old military can of 223 for the SHTF apocalypse. :rofl: or plinkfest whatever comes first.

Forgot the picture

2 Likes

Last week -
I Purchased,
200 x 153gr 6.5 Hornady A-Tip
150 x 500gr 500 S&W FP/XTP
100 x 300ge 50AE Hornady XTP
K&M Arbour Press with pressure gauge
Wilson Micrometer arbor seating die for 6.5CM

I Loaded
500 S&W
50AE
Prepared 120 Hornady 6.5 CM cases (Neck turned, Flash Uniformed, Annealed, Pin Washed, Neck sized / shoulder bumped. Loaded with 140gr Berger VLD Hybrid target projectiles.

Ordered 2 pistols - Ruger PC9, S&W 4" 500 Magnum.

Pretty much an average week for me.

3 Likes

Alright, it’s time. Let’s keep this going…

I cleaned a bunch of guns. I think I am half way through them. I had my boy ask me about “war guns and this one that his mate used in a game they play” - right, come with me, I think he may have peed a little when we went through some proper education :slight_smile:

…and I have fixed some sins of the past.

Yes, that’s foil. No, powder coating on foil does not work. :stuck_out_tongue:

Few other odds and ends, but this is it.

Went through and did a clean and oil on all of mine today and replaced the dehumidifiers in each of the safes.

Also on the not real firearm related (depending on what state you live in) I knocked together a filler nozzle on the lathe for a Duster gas powered gel blaster glock. Gotta tweak my design a little. Will hopefully work a little better than the plastic ones that come with Butane cans for refilling lighters. Will let me use cheap air duster cans.

1 Like

Sadly another week of nothing more than wishing I could go and shoot. Poor things have been in isolation in the safe for the last four weeks. Two more weeks at work and then home. Still, consider myself lucky to be still working.
Hope everyone is keeping well. :beer:

1 Like

Sadly another week of nothing for me :sleepy:

Very little, my trip to the Cape got the formal “Not happening” which I have been expecting for some weeks… sounds like there may be no hunting trips this year.

took the buggy and the boy for a quick lap of the neighbours property looking for foxes but came up empty handed

Very little over here though I think that I have watched every YouTube clip that has anything to do with guns from casting to shooting and shooting trips.

1 Like

I cleaned my shed out then hosed it out ,fed my pigs and realised it’s nearly time to make them into hams , bacon and chops other than that I’ve done nothing

I am trying to make a point of going outside and using the A22 to shoot 20 rounds free standing each night just to release some stress.
I have also loaded up a few hundred 223 rounds for the zombie apocalypse that will come once the covid vaccine has been administered.

Finally hope for some Zombies after all…WOOHOO!!!

1 Like

I opened my safe, picked a random rifle. Cleared and function checked it. Shouldered it , dry fired, sighed, wiped it down, put it back and sighed again.

2 Likes

Unfortunately mate it’s about the best the most of us can do until restrictions lifted. Looking forward to doing the same when I get home.

Well it is not a Sunday thing but went to the range today for a shot.
Started with the wife doing air pistol for awhile.

Then moved to the 25m range to blow the cobwebs out of us, guns had been cleaned so no cobwebs in them, shot like shit but still had fun. Just took the .22’s.

And we even had a couple of visitors rock up to the range.

It is going to be a glorious day when I have my guns at my property. This bloody shed cannot come fast enough. At least then I could clean and maintain them.

All I’ve been doing gun wise is coming on here, watching YouTube and dreaming.

1 Like

…and touching yourself inappropriately?

Yeah and breathing too but I didn’t think I had to mention the obvious stuff.

So Someone has to ask. What is the full story?

Do you mean why I don’t have guns at my property?

Nothing exciting. When I got into guns we were renting and my wife didn’t like the idea of guns in general so I stored them at my parents house in Ballarat. Now we own our own place, I will bring them here when our new shed goes in.