The big fat COVID-19 thread.

@1Fatman if you don’t have humour in WA, what do you have! Keep on smiling and remember, refugees are welcome here :slight_smile:

I have to admit the current cluster fuck in NSW is somewhat amusing.
“Superior contact tracing” or just plain dumb luck has carried them through up until now.
WA is just waiting for it to happen - and it would be sensible to be a tad prepared. Buy extra and put aside the stuff you have been amused at people panic buying etc

The joy’s of living in the sticks. Even if the major cities go into lock down it won’t really affect us out here. We just get locked into sub sections of the state and we are allowed to travel within that section and ours is about the size of Victoria.

We might have a shitty government but them locking the borders down have kept us safe so far.

Of course, it has nothing to do with the fact that it’s a more or less a “utility” state with very few people and an enormous geographical dispersion. Unlike Sydney and Melbourne that are major international hubs… No, it must be the government.

Population of WA: 2.7M
Population of Sydney: 5.3M

C’mon, surely you don’t buy that bullshit.

1 Like

Either way, we have it better and no out breaks of zombies, unlike the above mentioned cities.

If you say so.

Which one of you FIFO turds brought covid to Northern Territory?

(Thunberg voice) HOW DARE YOU?

3 Likes

You $^@$ pieces of $^%% with your god damn $^^@* coming to the NT and $#!&#ing it up for the rest of us!

WE ARE GETTING LOCKED DOWN!!!

2 Likes

Wouldn’t impact you specifically though…

He might have to install screens etc…

I just went to a bottleshop and the security guard made me wear a mask.

What the hell is going on? I just saw a guy riding a bicycle (teeny tiny bicycletta) looking at his phone wearing a freaking mask!

Not sure what this has to do with it but like every other promise that the government makes, both state and federal it is all crap. Do we remember the " this information will not be accessible or used for any other purpose other than to help combat the virus " promise that the government made, didn’t work out so well now did it.

This is why I don’t use the check in app or downloaded the virus tracking app for this exact reason.

3 Likes

Me either, they can jam their check-ins up their clackers, i’ve even had to fake doing them a couple of times as the staff have been watching lol.
I figure if there’s an outbreak every single shop & spot the person’s been to will be on the news every 10 minutes & if i’ve been to any of them i’ll let them know, until then if they want to know where i’ve been they’ll have to take the 5 mins to do a sneaky check on my banking records or my personal tracking device, um i mean phone…Fucking big brother!! :laughing:

How are you meant to catch those crazy stabby chicks if they’re wearing bloody masks?? Best if you just happen to be “cleaning” that new 686 while at work from now on mate. :wink:

1 Like

A utility state :joy:

Victorian exports:

Have fun mother fuckers.

:blush:

I think all the states need to shut borders with NSW until after they get their shit together with a real lockdown. 2 weeks of lockdown lite with retail and cafes open and they have “Fatigue”.
Faaark try 3 months of a real lockdown…

2 Likes

There, there, Wombatron. I know where you are coming from, but really? I wouldn’t wish on to others.

We are about to get hundreds returning from school holidays in NSW.
I don’t wish it on others but I’m fucked if I want to go through another real lock down due to wimpyness on NSW behalf.

Ooo there’s that.