Say hello and introduce yourself :)

Hey all. Justin here. From SE melb. Have been shooting and hunting for more than 20 years. Many toys in the armory. Nice to say hi!

2 Likes

Gā€™day Justin. Welcome on board.

1 Like

Welcome mate

Evening, Justin. Where in SE, bay side or sort of inland a bit more? :slight_smile:

Berwick way. Foothills to hunting territory!

1 Like

How have you found the 223 on dingos and dogs? Projectile, range?

Iā€™m just hoping heā€™s a bad shot on the dingos, OBā€¦ lolā€¦ :rofl: Either way welcome Justin. BTW. I shoot back in self defense RAZ :rofl: . Also ā€œJ,Millsā€, rings a bellā€¦ Ever lived in Wangaratta VIC ? :beers:

Hey all. Ive been lucky enough to live both city and farm life. I shoot at pistol clubs locally and cull & shoot on our farm.

1 Like

Welcome, Justice. Like your old Colts in the other thread! :+1:

Gday mate and welcome, now I better go check out these Colts.

Hi everyone.
Iā€™m a 26 year old male. I live in Hobart and run my own cafe down here with my partner.
I grew up on hobby farms/ large show gardens on the border between the outer suburbs and farm land/bush in lower central Tassie. I grew up shooting, mostly wallabies, possums, soda cans and cereal boxes. I sort of stopped shooting in my late teens when I moved to the city and knuckled down focusing on work.
At the beginning of this year, I got my licence again, joined ssaa, I have been shooting all rim fire rifle disciplines and have been learning how to shoot pistol too!
Over the next few years I plan to get back into hunting and also move into centrefire competitions and shotgun too.
So thatā€™s me, I look forward to reading and contributing where I can and asking the odd question!

Cheers

2 Likes

Welcome aboard mate, sounds like your headed in the right direction.
There are a lot of very clever people here (not necessarily) who are only too happy to answer any questions you might have and help in any way.

Hi Wombat here.
Mid 50ā€™s bloke living in Eastern Melbourne. Been into shooting and firearms since I was a small boy apart from a hiatus after the PAM backlash. Iā€™m into older motorcycles, cars and watches.
Hopefully Iā€™ll be able to contribute something of value here.

1 Like

Welcome mate, with that many years experience Iā€™m sure you will be a valuable member.

Welcome aboard. :smiley:

Where to startā€¦ the name is Kim, I am a grumpy old 50ish with a very warped sense of humour that has come to put some clarity in the forum :sunglasses::sunglasses:. I have been looking around and it seems that I am the only non Mexican here:laughing: that is I am from WAā€¦ yeah I know the backward, nanny state. I have been shooting since I was 10 and havenā€™t stopped since. Due to our lovely laws I donā€™t have as many toys as I would like, current line up is Marlin 22 magnum, Remmington 32-20, Ruger 22-250, Carl Gustav 6.5x55 and a Sako 30-06. They pretty much cover everything that I want to shoot. Recently started pistol shooting so will be adding some more toys to the safe.

Welcome to the free world mate.
Iā€™d love to here more about that 32-20 and see a few pics

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Show us your guns.

Gā€™day all. Iā€™ve had limited exposure to shooting since I was about 5, but I now have my license, living in the Bendigo area, and getting all the information I can. Iā€™ve got a 303-25, and getting set up with reloading gear with my brother and father. Stuck with renting at the moment so the rifle and gear stays in Melbourne with the family, but if anyone has any tips and tricks for me Iā€™m all ears. Thanks

1 Like

@Ats3 Gday mate and welcome.
First tip- buy a safe that weighs over 150kg if your worried about bolting one down in the rental.
Even though you should have no trouble bolting it down discreetly somewhere in the house on shed.
A man shouldnā€™t have be separated from his guns like that.