Savage A22R discussion

Almost here… Almost. I must stay strong and wait for my stainless model. Oooooooo so close, I can smell the gun oil from here.

Notice how carefully we are, lol, no, this is not an Adler, ROFL.

Almost here… Almost. I must stay strong and wait for my stainless model. Oooooooo so close, I can smell the gun oil from here.

https://youtu.be/d1mhFUVkDwc

Notice how carefully we are, lol, no, this is not an Adler, ROFL.

I think that the lever to slide the bolt will take some getting used to.
I wonder how long before someone makes a modification to the bolt so you don’t have to move your hand so far from the trigger.

I hate waiting.

1 Like

Like something complicated…How long is that piece of string?

1 Like

Buy a blued one, shoot it until the ss is in stock and flog it. Probably for a profit.

Nah, I have way too many projects on the go to really be that restless about it. It will get here when it will get here. In the mean time I have other things to do.

Went and had a “look” at one of the Savages. The release lever is stiff, very bloody stiff as in you need to use your hand rather than just your finger to use it. To be honest it would be easier and just as fast to use a quality bolt action let alone a Winchester 06, 62A , Browning Lever action or either of the Revolving Rifle options.
The Magazine looks and feels like something from a toy (complete with a plastic “spring release”), the trigger has not got the accutrigger but does have a very wide shoe (to disguise the horrible pull?). The bolt is quite noisy so you would probably scare any rabbits off when releasing it…the alternative is to carry it charged…
I dont think I could settle in and put a couple of hundred rounds through one in a sitting - I reckon you’d end up with blisters on two fingers… Now if it was a $300 odd Semi as it is in the USA I’d say give it a go. As a $750 lever release…Hmmm Maybe wait until they start appearing cheap on used guns cheap or someone works out a trigger job on the release. I know I’m not going to regret not getting one out of the first batch.

I recon the release is tunaby… Everything else, meh, I need one :slight_smile:

When I first saw the schematics I thought that it would be a very easy convert to fine tune. Looked like the semi version with a bit tacked on to make it lever release. At least with the 22LR version. The delayed blow back seemed a bit more complex. Will have to wait and see when people really start using them and tuning them.

Where are the schematics?

I wonder if the release lever would free up after some use or even a slight polish on the mechanism.
It is interesting what you thought about the magazine as I was reading that they state it is better than the Ruger 10/22 magazine.

I saw the same thing, it’s pretty much a Ruger mag. Metal would definitely polish over time and use.

Yeah that’s what I meant by a Trigger job on the release. I guess having a couple of Savages with ho hum magazines (340 and 93) in fit, function and finish has made me a touch skeptical.
The Magazine release is a plastic lever that you flex to release, so maybe it functions fine new but long term? Feels like a nylon plastic.

1 Like

Interesting…

Yes, but I think it may take a lot. The one I handled went through at least 100 cycles while I was there, in a few peoples hands, and it has been the shop display one since they got them.

Its built into the magazine so I guess its only $65 if it breaks off.

Does look very flimsy.
Doesn’t look like it will take much to break, will have to wait and see how @juststarting goes when he gets his. I am sure that he will do a full review on it once he has played with it a bit.

Correcto mundo