What I did in guns this week.

Took my 17hmr and pard nv007 for their maiden run…

Sweet, I’d love to shoot with night vision or thermal, it would be heaps better than running around with a spotlight terrorising everything.
Is that attached to the back of your scope or is it one unit?

Attaches to the back of your scope

Lol bentaz I saw someone with a proper 4wd feeling bogged on Facebook… its been very wet lately

1 Like

…moist.

It’s Sunday again!

Not much here, sort of… Got a new toy: SHS Hellcat shotgun :slight_smile:

Spend solid 4-5 hours cleaning what needed to be cleaned. Lots to go, I really should dedicate time, but whatever.
Ordered a carding wheel for upcoming bluing project (will try to rust blue at home).
Re-stocked on primers and black powder (yes, black powder) (while at it, got new hunting bullets and a black powder measure, because I came to terms that I shoot black powder :blush: ).

scratches head

Joined and did induction at a new club, really close to home.

Yeah, seems like that’s it.

I sold my swedish mausers And organised a trade for my surplus 6.5 pills for a spanner I already own, lol.
Also sold some more slugs.
Tonight I need to give the rifle another good clean before I post it.
Sadly that’s it for me.

No, it’s not it! You also need to cast me slugs!

Not tonight though, to cold out there and dark and I’m a Sook!

Well, not tonight, but the task has been established tonight, which makes it ‘this week in guns’ lol

1 Like

I went to the range for pistol comps, finally picked up my Vickers Luger which came with a Vest Pistol and Belgian Bulldog thrown in,

then ran into another dealer who promptly offered me this Austrian M1888 straight pull, so that came home with me as well. All in all a good day

4 Likes

Sadly all I got was to think about guns and read up about the wifes new air pistol. This work thing interferes with most gun related things.

Made some light plinking rounds for my new fox rifle…

Well,they’re shit…

Jesus man, how big are the foxes where you are?

This chick is 6 foot tall and that’s only a cub…

2 Likes

Went to Eagle Park, watched some rain, sat in clubhouse next to Conarra and had coffee, talked about the new ADI powders with a person involved with such things. During a 3/4 hour sunny break tested ammo in the new (71 years old) 22 revolver, went back for more heat and coffee and gasbagging. Home to start reloading, 45ACP today, and over the next week or 2 make the comp ammo for another 12 months. Summer is just round the corner, Cheers. "Contains a word that’s not allowed, Con", No Conarra not bloody Con! How the hell does the system read c+on as part of c*onarra?

Checking…
Word lists updated.

Sat staring at my laptop trying to will myself start my conference paper and then decided to Google/research Ed’s Red recipes instead. Then of course had to go out and buy everything in preparation. Did an eBay order for a few more accessories I’ll need.

Have promised myself a trip to Eagle Park the weekend after next to figure out which ammo my 22 Krico likes and see if I get the M96 on target at 100 yards. Then to the Bendigo Militaria show on the way home on Sunday.

1 Like

I made a trip out to the Rifle Range to inspect our new clubhouse and plan what work needs to be done next.

it was a wet and cold day but we all still got in some relaxed shooting. Some with a 303 and I also shot my Howa 1500 in 6.5 Creedmoore. I am really impressed by the accuracy of that cheap rifle. There was no worry of overheating the barrel with the cold winds and a bit of drizzle until that truned to full on rain then the gun was covered with the ground mat and a quick retreat to the club house was needed.