What I did in guns this week.

Sure…

Ohh I have loaded some 130 rounds… just need another 200 for my next range day… I wad thinking eagle park this Friday or Monday be good… until I checked weather. Agggh ahh well earn a few more bucks then, maybe I’ll get me a new gun before I get a chance to shoot

I’ve unloaded CIRCA 300 rounds tonight lol

Hrmm, maybe more like mid 200s

Ohhhh @Gunmut you tricked me! It’s not sunday today!

1 Like

So far this week I have posted a mauser to the ACT, bought a 16ga single barrel H&R and put in the permit for my greener police gun, hopefully pick up both next week.

I have been tumbling all my brass. Been going through the storage cabinet and cleaning any brass that isn’t loaded.
Up to around 1300 cases of various ammo.

I only reload about 2-3 times a year. Occasionally reload 50 odd rounds for a certain rifle. 2-3 times a year I reload everything over the period of about a month or two. Lots of batching. Tumble 100 rounds a night. Next week resizing and priming, week or two later load em. I enjoy reloading but man it can be physically punishing loading that many on a single stage.

Haven’t touched my guns in a few months, due to being annoyed with a few of them, in the market for a new scope for my .308 :crossed_fingers:

How do you get annoyed with few of them? Did they gang up and called you mean names?

I finally got dies and rings for my 35 whelen…loaded up a batch of Sierra 200gn round nose… went out to sight in…only 4 out of 10 would fire ! Time for a new firing pin spring methinks ! But I got it sighted in 3 shots,and it shoots great from what I can tell,especially for a 100 buck ugly as sin rifle lol.

2 Likes

They were very mean to me!

Naah just have not had the time, last time i took that 500 to try and zero it ( not fun shooting prone ) it was all over the place and i’m fairly sure it wasn’t my shooting, mind you the conditions wern’t great that that, the sluganators not zeroed either, damn red dots .308 is about the only gun i can trust at the moment, will get back into it these coming few weekends

1 Like

They always come back to 308 :slight_smile:

I almost bought a 410 today but then I remembered I didn’t have a vagina!

2 Likes

Hmm ummmmmmm… I have a 410 but no girly bits.
Seriously though I’ve got a Tuffy- Rossis take on the Snake Charmer, solely bought in case I had to put down a horse (Had 4 at home at the time). Given we cannot use pistols other than at a range a light 18" barreled one hand manageable .410 is a lot of fun plinking. It points and handles as if it were designed to be used one handed.
May not be the first thing I pick up for hunting, but if I’m going to a mates to shoot cans its there.

I have to admit that I also own a 410 and it’s a fun little plinker.

I have been watching Paul Harrells videos and I was surprised by the one he did on 410’s. Turns out it has a lot more power than people give it credit for.

On topic Saturday is the start of the long range Goulburn Valley pennant series. Starting at the Katandra Range hope the weather is a bit kinder than forecast.

Nothing wrong with a .410, be nice if ammo was a bit cheaper though

Excuse me! Why are here, @bentaz! I assume you’ve done your homework, young man?

For those playing at home, yes, @bentaz does in fact has a school assignment to complete and shouldn’t be playing out until it’s done.

Not quite finished but late enough that my backs had enough of sitting at the desk thrashing out a bunch of PC BS on working with diverse peoples.
I’ll finish it off this morning.

started refurbishing my hawken.