What I did in guns this week.

Actually went for a shot last week. Took the dog out for a run and got him used to the sound of the rifle while i practiced a bit with iron sights on the 22lr. First time in months!

1 Like

Hey @JizzFlinger, visited that range in 2010 for our silly-wet nationals. A mate from W.A had got there a couple of days earlier than us and found the rubbish skip half full of brass from “the uniforms”. It might not be your favourite brand but the few hundred I collected make for cheap parent brass for my .300 Wisper.
( That’s the original cartridge for the .300 Blackout Tac-tards ) :laughing:

Hey if it works for you Im happy. Winchester make a bazillion rounds a day and people everywhere enjoy it. For no other reason than bad luck, none of my guns have ever had good results from Winchester.

Actul footage of @danmac shaking fist at them young whisper snappers with their new fantagled tactical toys

tenor

2 Likes

Just had to put it out there for the 24hr “news cycle” brigade. “If I have just heard about it, it just happened”, seems to be their motto. History folks, history, read some someday, you’ll be amazed.
(Insert sarcasm emoji)

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: All about 300AAC

I use 6 coats of Truoil, the finish on this rifle is 4 years old and has done a lot of work. It holds up well.
The time between coats depends on temp/humidity but don’t work on it 'till it’s dry.

5 Likes

nice. score on the wood. bet it looks better than when it was new.

Looks the part mate real nice and good to hear that Truoil lasts awhile

A post was merged into an existing topic: Refurbishing a stock

Went and looked at a 303. Gonna buy it.

Hipster.

Huh ?

You heard me.

Every Aussie needs a 303 or two.

JS just has the shits, literally.

Through the eye of the needle mate.

Nice one mate. Do post a pic or two if you get time. Everyone should have one.

Well,apart from random crap,yes I will put up pics,and yes everyone should have a 303

I have a thee-o-thee :slight_smile: and a Straymore. It’s like a Creedmore, only Strayan. :stuck_out_tongue:

Is that the Lithgow that was for sale at AGS? I was thinking about that myself but I’ve already spent all my toy money…