What I did in guns this week.

Very nice. Up the Cape?

Yeah mate. Had a fantastic time. Can’t wait to go again

Lucky bastard

1 Like

That’s me…

Honestly, I’m more impressed with the beard than the pig lol.

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: 22-250 load development

Crow shot with aforementioned trailboss load which i wanted to stay here coz I’m not going to follow it up with any load development stuff…

2 Likes

I’m going to create a thread, purely dedicated to bigpete and fluffy things.

The “Petes how to make fluffy things mushy things” thread. It’ll have the top post count within a few months lol.

2 Likes

Back to Bendigo to pick up a Toz-8. I know its ugly but I like it. Heaviest 22 I’ve ever held.

Whilst there, we stopped in at our favourite second hand bookshop. I spent more than the rifle on reference books.

They had a reference book of London and Birmingham gun makers too but my budget was well and truly gone by that point so I’ll see if they still have it next time I’m there.

5 Likes

Those TOZ 8s shoot extremely well, nice bold open sights too…typical of USSR firearms. The triggers are pretty basic and heavy. I think they were school student target rifles. Not military trainers unfortunately…I had 3 of them, at one point, should have kept one…That long heavy barrel sits very well, for offhand shooting.

Yes, I read they were used to teach basic marksmanship to school students, young pioneers etc.

1 Like

Mmmm have been used by military afaik, as trainers.

Ps I’d love one in good/complete condition.

Pommy gun makers would of been my first choice!
Nice Toz, they are a really overlooked gun in my opinion.

Not Sunday but this thread has been a little quiet, Bigpete must be taking a break lol.
So my new Grayguns trigger kit finally arrived for my Sig M17 and it has made a huge difference, i’ll have to go test it out tomorrow, it came with two sets of springs “comp” and “medium” so i threw the comp ones in which are so light (maybe too light) but it should be fun i think.
It did take me a bit longer than expected as i decided to do it in the loungeroom while watching a bit of the Olympics and this sneaky little spring in the thumb safety (M17 models only) that i wasn’t aware of or ready for decided to shoot across the room and into oblivion, so i had to go on the scavenge and find another spring about as thick as a match & then cut it down with trial & error until i found the right length (4-5mm) that felt/worked right because i never got to see the original lol.
Oh well that’ll teach me. I was surprised but the kit really sorts out every aspect of the trigger though, there’s no creep, a sharp break, and no more over travel. If anyone else has a dirty old P320 i’d recommend one for sure.

3 Likes

So i took the little sig for a test drive today and i think of all the trigger upgrades i’ve ever done on pistols this one has by far made the most significant changes to the gun. The difference truly is amazing, it’s gone from a total piece of crap to a trigger that’s actually pretty bloody good for a little plastic fantastic.

I have been telling myself no more guns! No! More guns! I mean no more guns! And yet, I kind of ant a Webley .455

1 Like

I think you need to compromise and set realistic and achievable goals, so lets start with “No more guns this month.” And next month get a Webley. It’s a win win i tells ya.

1 Like

Or say “no more guns last week” and wait until now to get a Webley!

1 Like