What I did in guns this week.

Exploded this one from around 130m

1 Like

Spent today loading 35 whelen, and 22-250 ammo

3 Likes

I finally got to shoot my 357 S&W Competitor. Its one heavy hunk a chunk :slight_smile: Fed it factory 158gn Winchester SJHP and it was a breeze to shoot, but a heavy pull compared to the glorious custom WA1500 gun Id been using. Its quite accurate, its balanced, the LPA sights are very good. Performance Centre doesn’t seem to do a whole lot, but what they do is good: trigger stop added, adjustable rear sights added, crane lock added. The gun has no cylinder or yoke play.I can’t wait to take her home and get inside her if you know what I mean.

1 Like

Went out this morning and nailed this vixen from 100m with the 22-250 in front of my fiancé, she was wrapt!

And had to have thd skull AND the skin lol

3 Likes

Collected the No1 Lithgow .22 and the Greener GP on Friday night and spent a decent chuck on time yesterday and today cleaning up the .22.

Will make a separate post with a full breakdown but it turns out that a 70 year old farm gun that’s never been cleaned is gross when you start stripping it down.

The stock has now been fully stripped with oven cleaner and had three coats of boiled linseed oil . Waiting on some brass brushes for the Dremel before I can have a proper go at the metal.

@Nomis what are you doing with a dramel?

I thought the same…

Try some degreaser first

I thought brass brushes would attack rust without touching bluing underneath?

If not, I’ll stick with 0000 steel wool and degreaser.

Allegedly a copper coin will

Try conversion stuff with a steam pipe and a carding wheel… Brass brush will still have very aggressive wires and will remove bluing. Or… Oil and steel wool, but it gets pretty tiresome with a big job.

Fitted a timney trigger to my 35 whelen today

2 Likes

Picked up this guy yesterday :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah , great photo JS.

2 Likes

You’ve seen a private preview, you sarcastic bitch

Get a load of this guy, he’s going for pay per view!

3 Likes

Easy tiger, not everyone gets a load.

I actually took a gun out of the house looking for foxes

Makes a change, as I’ve been bow orientated for the last few weeks

3 Likes

Thats a bloody good boar mate

1 Like

Thanks mate. It’s actually a big sow, somewhere around 100 kg.

1 Like