What I did in guns this week.

Waiting on a good example, am told within a month, so yea…

I’m (hopefully) about halfway through the waiting period for my Cat H, so I’ve just been shooting as many different guns I can get my hands on. Going to the range about twice a week. Swinging more in the direction of a 9mm polymer over a .22 for my first handgun. Figure I can still borrow and shoot a .22 from the club, and I’d be able to use a 9mm for IPSC/NRA - not that I couldn’t use a .22, but a bit worried about getting too used to a .22 and losing familiarity with 9mms.
Cost is an issue, so decided I might as well start my reloading journey now. I’m collecting my brass from the factory ammo, bought a bag of 500 TigerShark 135g HP projectiles and 1000 primers. Going to pick the brains of reloaders at the club so I’m waiting on the powder and press purchases. Baby steps. I should make a thread in the Handgun section as well as the Reloading section.
My poor A22 only gets taken out occasionally now, for stress relief. Mostly checking scope zero, try some offhand shooting and zone out plinking.
Going to try some clay shooting too, got a mate that’s keen.

I had a bad Service Pistol match where I effed up the course many times. It was humid as all heck. I shot the 50yd in single action and screwed up the prone because I was sweating out my eyeballs. Then I screwed up the transitions and shot the wrong targets at 25. Not just the wrong targets, but somebody elses. And they were still wrong. I didn’t crimp enough on a batch of 100gn 38s and had all kinds of fumbles with the speedloaders.

Meh, there’s always next week and that’s the cool thing. Also the beers. And the fit young IPSC cuties. And the female IPSC cuties too. :nerd_face:

I went treasure hunting and found some milsurp ammo for my collection.
I picked up a Ruger Ranch in 7.62x39 which feels great.
Then I went more treasure hunting and picked up a bunch of 7.62x39 ammo and some Cooey parts I wanted for my Cooey M82 (yes, I have eclectic tastes).
Hrmmm, what else, I picked Ruger precision 22LR just because it’s black and scary and got bunch of components I needed to stock/re-stock up on.
Aaaaaaaand I have one gunsie coming back to me, hopefully next week, rechambered to something else. Will leave that for later.

This weekend I am going to have a lot of trigger time! A lot!

Also decided that yes! I do need a Webley so a passive search has started.

4 Likes

I’m so proud of you!
When I first met @juststarting about 5 yrs ago, he told me he would only need a 5 gun safe, all anyone needed was a shotgun, a .308 and a .22!

5 Likes

Ahhh the sweet and naive ramblings of an innocent & uncorrupted mind…And then the temptation and cravings of addiction kick in :rofl:

4 Likes

It is what it is.

5 Likes

Thought i would crack out some 9mm loads. The pro 1000 is okay except its finiky with primer feeding. Not even in the 1st 100 and have had 4. The primer holder is getting a bit sloppy where it sits in the shell holder so might be worth replacing.

3 Likes

I used to do 38’s on a Pro1000, I gave up on the primer feed and pre primed all my brass for it.

Yeah, Pro 1000 is the best Dillon marketing tool anyone could ask for.

2 Likes

Yeah, it should probably be called the Lee Amatuer 1000

2 Likes

When i get a 44mag I’ll upgrade i recon.

Shot the 300WSM at the 400m LRP comp today. A bit wet but still good. Also sighted in the MK4 on the 308 after its trip to the leupold Custom Shop for mil turrets. Now for cleaning :-1:

4 Likes

This.

Just a gratuitous shot from the long range shoot last weekend. The crops are damn nice at the moment.

6 Likes

I shot my first lot of 9mm reloads today, as a kind fella gave me some powder during the week.
Very pleased that they all chambered and went bang. Went home and made some more up straightaway :cowboy_hat_face:.
5kg of once fired Winchester brass that I found for a good price should arrive this week too. So that’ll be nice.

5 Likes

Made a scout scope mount for my .357 Cadet…Now to drill n tap the barrel…wish me luck…

4 Likes

We want pics or it didn’t happen.

1 Like

Ok stay tuned…

Good luck!!