Why the lack of modern straight pull centrefires?

Doesn’t that price put this into the same bag as the Verny Carron lever release? I know which way I’d go if that’s the case.

2 Likes

Same here - and I quite like savages.

Being able to switch between left and right handed is pretty cool though.

It is cool, but in reality you change it once. So not really a big selling point.

True, what i really want is to be able to switch ejection port side to suit whichever side of the ute I’m shooting from.

And lever release.

Similar to my 1727F Fortner action. It has a bunch of ball bearings and detents, but on the rear of the bolt for a much much shorter throw.

Sunbury are taking pre-orders on them already for $2500.

That’s a lotta dollars.

Beaton Firearms in WA have them for $2375, until 3pm WA time for pre order.

Oof. Daring price tag. Whole lotta options round there.

Actually it’s literally a selling point if you think about it: If you are lefty and you want to sell your gun there’s now 9 times more potential buyers.

I’m smart like that eh?
smug bro

1 Like

Well, you’re not wrong. I’m not sure if buying a rifle so it’s easier to sell is something that attracts me though.
I just feel like this should be $1500 to sell. People will love the concept but who is actually going to pony up the dollars.
Synthetic stocked savage , $2.5k (whistles)

1 Like

I did say if you took the US price and doubled it, you’d get a starting price for here. Sure, I overestimated the Australia Tax component but $2500 is still a lot of cash, especially for something with a synthetic stock that’s not from a ‘premium’ brand.

I would be interested if it were a Tikka at that price.

I saw that it has a clamp in barrel with a barrel extension for those that love switch barrels.

Geez. This is a lot of high tech for low tech Savage.

I recon. Sleeved, Aluminium action as well. Far too much technology for their price point. Should have released them as a separate brand if they wanted to sell them at that price.

Oh wow, they’re in Steyr territory!

Really need a sarcasm font hey!

Disappointing.