What I did in guns this week.

I haven’t done much this week, but I just got home from checking out Venture Hunting & Outdoor. https://venturehunting.com.au/
What a great shop, it really has something for everyone. They didn’t have any handgun stuff as yet but after having a chat with the owner apparently plenty is on order. Their pricing on some stuff is ok but a little over the top on others, but it’s new so give them time i guess.
The owner seemed like a nice bloke & was out chatting with people, he was sweating bullets and you could tell he was stressed but still grinning ear to ear and happy as Larry.

We got there about 10 mins before opening and the lineup was out to the road then probably another three hundred meters down the road :rofl: Needless to say we grabbed a coffee and sat back til everyone made their way inside.

The line at the checkout was also consistently 40-50 people deep so neither of us bothered buying anything, but I’ll head down next week and grab a couple of odds & ends once things have calmed down.

2 Likes

Went to renew my licence. Standing at post office waiting for a photo. Guy infront of me, hello, need a photo for gun licence.

My brain:
One Of Us GIFs | GIFDB.com

Lady, have you paid, dude: yep. Me: fuck!

Turn around, walk to wetcrap to pay. Old habits and all that. Rock up… Do you have a westcunt card? No. Cash? No. You need cash or westprick card. Me: ummm, ok, I’ll go to ATM, as I am walking to ATM, I remember I can b-pay, so I walk back to post office while paying the fee online.

Also, I put new iron sights on Springfield SA-35, mine was shooting low.

That’s about it.

2 Likes

Tried to find one of these in stock in Australia :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

@Bent_arrow try Clayton; and Miall’s firearms in Melb? Call probably, website is, well, you know…

Made it out to the range with the PDP with the dot on it.

Shot a bit low (ie below the bear target) at 25m I figured a fair amount of that is anticipating recoil which I’m working on with the plastic guns but as we moved closer I realized the bore site was shit. If I aimed at the bears top right right shoulder I could consistently hit the ten area in the middle.

Anyway will head back out and find an empty range and adjust it. The joys of optics.

I did quite like the middle reticule and found it really easy to use, probably because it pretty much co-witnesses the sights.

Tried Claytons, will call Miall’s today

Just took out this pair of cheeky fuckers that have been stealing the dog biscuits at night. Rifle is a Sako L461 in .220 Fireball.

i

11 Likes

@Bent_arrow also if you have no luck finding a new one there’s this on used guns, considering Leupolds warranty buying one second hand should be a fairly safe bet. It’s a bit pricey for second hand though.
https://usedguns.com.au/gun/644728/

Thanks, found one at Claytons. Mialls has the illuminated version for another $345…

2 Likes

Caught a cold so went to the range myself in the late afternoon and tested the Volquartsen MkIV pistolera.

That trigger though what the hell man!!! The reset is just sweet and it all comes together as you roll onto the next shot again and again in the same spot. Blown away, 22’s ROCK!

2 Likes

I picked up my first 2 pistols on friday, sighted in the red dot on the ruger and shot the fuck out of them on sunday and then again on monday. My GSG 1011-22 shoots high so I’ve ordered a set of adjustable sights for it.
Also decided i don’t like the big target grips that came on the GSG, so I’m giving them to a bloke from the club and putting a set of rubber wrap around ones on there from a Norinco the my other mate has since he’s just replaced them. I know i like those because I’ve been using the same ones on the clubs Norinco 9mm 1911 until now.

4 Likes

Was just watching the Olympics one of the girls after Jess Foxx was called a Tyro by the TV presenter. I nearly fell off my chair. It was the number 2 in the world.

I shot a couple of quick tyro matches this morning before having another crack at some western action.
I took my step daughter along this morning too. She did pretty good on the tyro and got the mag change and all rounds on target for the first time. Only the second match shes shot.
She also had a crack at western, had never shot a single action, lever action or shotgun before. You could tell she was super nervous and at 5foot 11 and under 50kg theres not much padding in her shoulder and she didn’t love the shotgun. Lots of misses and it wasn’t timed, but it was good to see her have a crack.

3 Likes

Walking past my safes to get some stuff out for the car was as close as I came to guns this week.

I did my usual shoots… Bit of shotgun at steel plates, that’s always fun and impulsively popped in a cat-a pta. Undecided, but, kinda leaning to bushpig.

Since i got made redundant, i have some free time, so out shooting tonight instead of Friday night like normal.

Anyone happen to be a fox doctor, Is this testicular cancer ? I’ve seen roos with tumours on the balls but never a fox like this.

1 Like

I’ve not seen that before, but I’ve also not shot a heap of foxes compared to others here.

1 Like

I havent shot a heap of foxes but a fair few and have never looked at their balls to see. I am a gender equality shooter and dont care what gender they are or identified as.

2 Likes

#ISeeTargetsNotGender

2 Likes

I decided to put a red dot rather than a LPVO on the 1894C and took her out for a hunt. Very happy with the decision. Its kept the rifle real light and handy. The only thing I will look to change is to mount it a little lower. Between the adapter plate and the piccatiny rail it lifts the housing higher than would be ideal and means the dot is pretty much at its vertical limit of adjustment for a 50m zero.

5 Likes