What I did in guns this week.

I, not so much, i just been flat out in general lately. But yeah, hopefully reopening in a few weeks.

1 Like

Yep poor choice of wording there. Meant dropped off as in the auspost bin and to VicPol. Probably a bit too excited to post.

On the plus side
I finally got the exciting email, so I’m VERY keen to not have to fill out a NORI again.

Even though it’s still 6-8 months until I get to purchase my first Cat H, I’m already struggling with the choice. Been shooting the club guns and like too many to choose. Even harder with a bunch of the experienced blokes all trying to lead me down the path of revolvers.

Bought a Westley Richards 310 cadet…NSW School cadet force markings, shoots extremely well…Its my 3rd 310, maybe i will get a please explain…

3 Likes

I took my step daughter to the pistol club this morning and she shot her first match, 25m rapid. Shes not a bad shot when we’re plinking, but the timer and the shooters around us got the better of her, but she gave it a go and had fun which is all that matters.

3 Likes

Well, after a few month closure I finally made it to the shooting range, few days this week along with mini me and we burned some ammo. he now wants a 1911 in 22LR. Also realised I am running pretty low (read zero) on 9mm ammo. So cranked out “a few” rounds today. I’ll probably turn this into a week-long session to load up for the year. Technically speaking I did that today, but whatever I think I need needs to be multiplied by 4. So, a lot more handle cranking is required.

Built a bullet feeder for @Supaduke’s 750. I actually built 2, well, 3, more on that later in a separate post, but gave it a whirl today - pretty gooooooood. Not better than the original one I made, but prettier.

What else did I do? A bunch of club stuff, like admin non shooting stuff, not as much as some others - but enough.

Also, seen 2 Aliens (as in handguns) in action this week. That makes it a total of 3 I have seen in a wild to date. One on a casual shoot and another one during an IPSC match. I stood to the side specifically to watch the jump (also had custom compensator) - no jump! NO JUMP! That thing was flat AF! Like a 22. I did get to shoot one last week, definitely rear recoil impulse, smacks the hand, but almost no rise. Very cool.

Also, I haven’t made a gun purchase (as in a new gun) in like… A while, 4-5 months since I picked up the SA-35. This is very crazy.

That’s me.

1 Like

I went to the Anzac Day shoot and managed to win the Classic division.

Been going to the pistol club on average about 5 times a month.
Using irons and shooting pistols , I think, has helped my irons game a little on rifles. been slack on rifles this past 12 months. Anzac shoot was the first time I’d dusted off a milsurp since the previous Anzac Day.

Been working hard on my pistol game and now consider myself competent.

Got my new pistol press about 80% setup as I wait for a few more bits to arrive. Managed to get some stock of primers, boolits and powder so I’m ready to go there.

Just trying to get my holster qualification sorted so I can start doing a few more quasi serious comps.

Not doing huge round counts when I visit the club but it’s very nice to have regular short visits.

2 Likes

Love the westley…can’t wait to get Georges…

I had an awesome day out at a random farm today. Like, very tempted to move to Victoria awesome.

2 Likes

Yeah, I would have come along to the farm day but someone (we won’t mention names , they know who they are) gave me the wrong date. Thought it was happening today.

Yes yes whatever i messed up.

I took the kidlet out this morn and we both shot a couple of Tyro matches.
She did ok, she was strugling with the mag release on a Ruger Mk2, shes used the Mk4 a few times before and couldn’t get her head around them moving the buttons on her. She didn’t get all her rounds off after the mag change, but still managed to score an ok 122 points on the first one, didnt see the second score sheet, but the grouping was better on the second match so I’m guessing the score was too.
I borrowed a mates Kimber 1911 9mm to shoot and scored ok with a 228 and a 236.
A fun morning was had by all.

3 Likes

25yd Service today. First time in a while.

232 on the first 25yd stage was good but I washed the second 25yd wirh 7 misses :frowning:

1 Like

Other than distributing misinformation I’ve loaded a tone of ammo. Passed all the tests only to realise that it doesn’t run in one of my guns. Fixed some, dropped by the range today for a quick test. Just seated a little deeper. Yep, like 1mm off. Easy enough… 1000 down 400 to go sigh

1 Like

Fellow misinformation haver, I got you homie, dont worry bout nothin.

Renewed my now $75 annual firearms license (I’m sure it was $35 in 2020 but I digress)

I did bugger all because I was drinking beer on Moreton Island all week. But while I was away I was notified a pistol PTA was approved & in the post, two barrels I had at the smith getting threaded were ready to pick up, and a rifle I’ve been waiting a million years for had finally arrived at the LGS.
So today was a good day of running about for gun stuff.

1 Like

So a little late but… We ran a proper practical rifle course last week. Booked 2 ranges, it was great.

@sungazer messged me earlier saying it’s too cold and bed (i assume with his wife) was a better option. Since i only had my wife i decided to go.

@Supaduke rocked up too. Full of bravado and winning attitude. He came overall second out of maybe 7-8 people, which is a pretty solid effort. But, he couldn’t beat one guy he really came to beat :fu:

That is all.

7 Likes

I shot the Field Pistol with my 44 Mag Stealth Hunter Penis Pumper. Came second out of nine guys from around the NT. I was pretty happy!

1 Like

The shotgun & t-bolt still work but my aim at 50m offhand… not so much.

1 Like

I have this stupid 4x scope on the pistol. Need to bring it down to 1.5 or 2.0 MAX.

2 Likes