What I did in guns this week.

Set up another Super Simplex for 45 Colt!

1 Like

Sorted, didn’t take as long as I thought it would

1 Like

Well, I did quite a bit actually. I cleaned another gun, a shotgun in fact :face_vomiting: But it needed maintenance bad. I then refilled my 12ga ammo can that ran dry and realised that I may have shot a bit more shotgun than anticipated over the last few months. Seriously, access to steel and new lever/button shotties are a game changed for me. From I hate this shit, to I need more ammo.

What else, blah, blah, blah, same, same, blah, blah, blah, but! The highlight being my oldest is now officially allowed to join us at a big boy pew club, so shooting we did. A lot. Super happy. Something we can do together, so pretty stoked about that.

4 Likes

I can’t wait, my eldest is 9. Missus isn’t keen and fuckheads in govco want to change the age to 12 but I honestly think he could out shoot me on Wednesday

Why did I say Wednesday? Who knows?

1 Like

Younger they learn the better. I think it reaffirms responsibility, when taught properly.

7 posts were split to a new topic: Supadukes new toys.

After a very long wait, including several months on back order and then the BS of waiting for PTAs , it all came together today.

Picked up some new toys and headed straight for the range.
(more in Handgun section)

2 Likes

I actually got out to the club today after no shooting for a few weeks.
Shot a couple of Los Alamedos matches this morning, it was bloody good fun.

2 Likes

I went from shooting this regional comp

To busting rats in a dairy all in the same day with the same gun.

6 Likes

I put a shotgun in the ute, then got it back out and put it back in the safe.
That is all.

3 Likes

Fuckin’ nothin’!
Stuck in the dust carting wheat.

2 Likes

I had a go at the bear for the first time in two months (appendix exploded and I didn’t want to shoot on painkillers), wasn’t allowed to use 9mm because I brought jacketed ammo

Anyway I think the bear would have been pissed off at least

And I got club support for the Glock and PDP

And sighted in the cz515

Happy days

5 Likes

I shot a couple of quick Tyro matches yesterday morning before it got too hot.
I spent an hour or so this morning practicing for Los Alamedos, shooting left handed and trying different ways of shooting around the barriers. I was the only shooter who turned up this morning so I was able to fuck around and have a bit of a go at whatever I liked.
Came home and organised my reloading set-up in the new shed and this evening I’ve cranked out a hundred rounds.
Not a bad week considering its only monday.

6 Likes

Up to 8 foxes in the last 2 hours. All young ones from this year’s litter.

4 Likes

End of year log chop in teams of four. Have brought plenty of 357.

And as steel targets for the mad minute (teams of four with open sights rimfire rifles)

Should be a fun day

3 Likes

@sungazer @Supaduke we should form an international team and show this commies how its done.

4 Likes

Well I did work out 357 is less than ideal. Just goes straight through.

9mm next year

3 Likes

I shot a rapid fire match this morning, I came first in centrefire and second overall.
Not bad, there were however only 3 of us and the other 2 had .22s!

3 Likes

Mate a win is a win take em when you can and be happy.

2 Likes

Do you ever have one of those days?

Those days when you know the gun gods are looking down on you and smiling!

Well, I’ve had one today… I had one of those 4 new gun days.
This morning for breakfast I bought @juststarting Styer M95 and this Ruger.

I can’t possess the pistol just yet, but I’m getting close. Headed down to Coffs to buy a pistol safe, need to get that installed, inspected and get my event number (or some shit) before I can put in my PTA’S and I stumbled on these two gems…

Bottom one is a KFC single barrel 12ga, i got that because Bentaz.
But the top is also a 12ga, well a .729 smootbore, its only a cheap Indian reproduction but definitely a shooter.
Time to break the molds out.
Gotta put some PTA’s in tonight and hopefully get them on thursday.

8 Likes