What I did in guns this week.

I didn’t even shoot. I stayed at home in bed in a fetal position dreading the Liquor Comission Audit people coming to the shop. It was terrible. But it’s over now. They came in and turned my anoosh inside out and took about 200mb of spreadsheet data with them. Tonight I will just cry myself to sleep alone in shame after crying alone in the shower. Yes Im on a gun forum. No, I don’t have anyone else to sook to.

But tomorrow I will drop in permits for my Model 10 and CZ TS2 Deep Bronze, yay! sobs

4 Likes

Close, but no!

None of ya business what I do!

You Sir, you get a special hug!

1 Like

What rifle did you shoot?

457 this time

1 Like

Repaired the extractor on my 45 colt rolling block…it extracts spent cases now…ordinary when you pay over $2k…Couldnt be bothered fucking with the warranty process and time etc…and i know how it all works now…

1 Like

Bushnell rxs100 red dot arrived.
Originally bought for CZ P10F… I think I’ll keep it for a shotty.
Ordered a Holosun 507 with the Vulcan reticle in green, shake awake and solar instead.

Holosun 507 arrived. The reticle is not good, definitely doubled up in places.
Disclaimer: I do have astigmatism but other Holosuns have been nice and crisp. I had others check to make sure it wasn’t just me, too.
Have read about this issue with some of these online, it’s gotta go back unfortunately.

Edited to add pics:
IMG_20230303_195403
IMG_20230303_195249
Hard to get decent pics but you can see some doubling of the chevron. irl it’s more of a tripling. And moves with the reticle when rotated.

Shot another IPSC 22 rifle comp (anyone around Melbourne, welcome)… Fun, as always. And then had a “little” session with @Supaduke and shotguns. Yeah, they chew ammo super bad. Like I load and then all of a sudden it’s empty :poop:

And settled on a new 44MAG load, about 1050fps with 240gr bullet from 4" barrel. Spicy, but not too spicy.

I used to clean my guns after each shooting sessions, now I just wipe with oiled rag and shove it back in the safe. WTF happened to me! Need to have a good cleaning sessions methinks at some stage.

2 Likes

…and if you do join us, you get to have elite athlete post-competition “snack”.

@JizzFlinger recognise the logo?

2 Likes

I recognise the bench!

Ordered this!

6 Likes

Ooh nice - is it limited to English/Commonwealth firearms, or broader?

Nope 30 nations apparently.
I will post a full review once it arrives mate.

2 Likes

Where did you order from?

https://www.rockwoodcollection.net.au/

Here mate

Nice…

Getting this…

2 Likes

I want this one also.
I dont have any yet, but i really like these old signal guns and plan on collecting a few once i get back to working.

My gun highlight this week was putting down a roo that got itself caught up in the fence. Then for the next few nights a few trips were made to have a look over the body for foxes. Not to be disappointed there were quite a few. Found out today that I did in fact hit one that I took a shot at with the 357 lever open sights. All the opportunities were after dark and I tried with several different guns trying to find what would work the best solo spotlighting with a torch. It was more miss than hit.

1 Like

Monthly BRAA shoot for me. This time I was able to hit a few off-hand shots and take the win. I’ve been struggling with my off-hand for a while now with my spinal issues making holding a 12lb rifle up and taking well aimed shots more difficult than it usually is. It’s cost me the BPCR Silhouette National Title as well as the ACT one.

Name 900B 700S 600D 300D 300OH Total
Dan 8 10 10 10 3 41
Gavin 8 7 10 10 4 39
Shayne 7 6 7 10 5 35
Mark 7 8 10 1 5 31
Ken B 6 6 6 9 2 29
Gary V 4 2 6 6 3 21
Jim 4 6 5 0 1 16
Bill A 3 3 5 0 0 13
Burt DNS DNF 3 4 DNS 7
4 Likes