What I did in guns this week.

Had a good range day Monday, plenty of pistol plinking and gong time with the rifles, spent a bit of time chatting with the owners who are happy to help with letters for a couple of guns i want to try and get which is a bonus. Then spent half of Thursday bloody cleaning everything lol.

Letters?

Letters of approval to shoot them at their range. I’m told it helps with PTAs for things like 460 Steyr & 416 Barret in the sooky bitch state of Qld.

1 Like

Understood

I have to say their philosophy for anything guns is the best i’ve ever come across in any club or range. Basically if it’s legal then they approve and support with zero fuddery whether it makes sense or not.

1 Like

Went to the store for the first time in a long time they had everything I wanted and using my loyalty points meant they basically cost the same as ordering from over east.

Felt MAGnificent

4 Likes

Finally got one!! Who knows what it is?

You mean you would like the manufacture and model number, rather than its a rear site.

3 Likes

357 magnum martini sight…yeah man!

1 Like

I put a deposit on a CZ P10 Optics Ready and ordered a bunch of stuff for it… aftermarket trigger, lighter springs, optic plate, red dot, grip tape.
Pretty chuffed, I’ve been looking hard at optic ready polymer 9mm lately and it came down to the CZ and the Canik Rival and Executive Combat.
Also had a go at cowboy action for some variety :cowboy_hat_face:

I had a Cz P09 a few years ago which is their hammer poly and it was a pretty good as far as polymer guns go, definitely one of the better tupperware guns i’ve had actually, be interested to hear what you think of the P10.

1 Like

Based on feel (all I’ve done so far) it beats the Rival (not by much, ymmv) and the EC (compact frame way too small) but the Rival’s trigger felt better.
Triggers can be improved though.

I got a good deal on the CZ and realised optic plates can be ordered from the states which settled it.
Well, that and the sexy purple trigger :sunglasses:

2 posts were split to a new topic: Handgun grips discussion

I went to my church on Saturday.

I’m glad I’ve left this rifle light and unbraked. The 178’s remind me that guns do recoil and you have to put thought into each shot. The creedmoor makes me lazy.

Also did my very first YouTube upload. This is once i got settled and happy with how i was managing recoil. The rifle settled back in place nicely and really repeatable.

1 Like

Well I spent the week as a big game hunter NOT. Shot a brown snake that had stuck its head out from under the concrete slab of the chook shed. Full coke at a foot still left more than half a head and the snake alive but very dazed. enough for me to grab it and pull it out from under there.
Then later in the week an overly frisky bull broke the back of an old cow. I had to put her down after spending several hundred on a vet to tell me she had to be put down. Two 12 hour straight LONG days and a half my wife and I had finished the butchering and cutting all the meat up.
Choice a dispatch tool some contemplation. In the past a 22 mag has been used but I no longer have one. The 22 seemed it would be under powered the 223 was the next choice but perhaps a bit too much speed so I went with the 357 which did the job just brilliantly.

7 Likes

Spent the weekend at Cooyal near Mudgee attending our monthly BRAA match.
Good roll-up, great weather and shot okay…ish. Possible from 800, dropped one shot at 700 and first 600 target. We then shot a smaller target from 600 that I got a possible on. Off-hand @ 300, yeah, well,…did I mention that the weather was nice?

5 Likes

This week we had another 22 match… @Supaduke shot the no shoot target with a decisive double tap - twice. It doesn’t really have any relevance, other than LOL

I think it’s about time I transition - the match. It really is an IPSC - Mini Rifle. I am considering dropping 50m range in favour of more close range stages. Unfortunately I don’t have both at this time, unless we commandeer 2 ranges (which is a possibility), but for now I am thinking up to 20m all dynamic with 22LR rifles.

Anyway, that was my weekend and some thoughts.

3 Likes

My only comment re your new format is that dont forget Bolt guns. Speed of transitions and mag changes have always been one of my weakness’s in the comp. I like the close target but moving back to 50 I always looked forward to. It has been a great exercise to improve offhand shooting.

I can sympathize with @Supaduke shooting the wrong target I have really struggled with the gongs painted orange in some lighting conditions I just plain cant see them. I assume he had a similar issue and didnt just shoot the first thing that moved. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: at least he is a good shot and hit them.

You assumed wrong lol

I started strong and got full of myself I think. Took the Ruger RPR chassis plinker this time. Really wasn’t my best outing. Back and leg were a little sore and distracting but no excuses. The two no-shoots were snake eyes though , so there’s that. Had a good time but certainly need to tune up a bit better.

And besides all that I’m pretty sure JS cheats somehow