What I did in guns this week.

Shot cetrefire pistol yesterday. No idea on score, didn’t really care as I was shooting off a mixed bag of leftover ammo.
In town today and did the usual drop in at the gunshop. Asked the “I don’t suppose question” and look what I got.

2 Likes

Winning……$200/1000???

Nope. $140 and he apologised, supplier has bumped the price up on him. Last lot I got was $95?
I promised I wasn’t going to put them on abusedguns tonight for…“1 million dollars, mwah, ha,ha,hah!”

3 Likes

Yep definitely a fair price mate. You have done well Sir.

Ooof, don’t know about fair. But in this day, I guess you just need to enjoy the experience.

1 Like

Yes a bit dearer than we have been able to buy them previously however significantly cheaper than I’ve seen them advertised elsewhere. So a small consolation I guess.

Approx. 50% increase in price, about the same as just about every-fucking-thing else these days!

As an aside, bloke at the club has a bunch of 296? he wants to get rid of. He spoke to my son so I didn’t hear about it until we got home and then he was vague on the deal.

1 Like

Good Cadet powder…i think!

So I got told to move projectiles and primers into safe

Apparently brass will require firearms level storage in a few months

Apart from that they were fine but said some of my rifles might need to move onto club use only with new WA laws

They both loved the cz515 and want one

Wtf are they planning?

Waaaaa

Three female cops were doing an inspection at the range when i walked in today so i asked the owner if it was a bad time to pick up all those pistols with the serial numbers filed off? He laughed and said “no great timing these ladies might help us load the all into the car.”
The older one cracked a smile and said she’s always happy to lend a hand, but the two young ones obviously misplaced their sense of humour somewhere during training as they just glared at me for a while with a half annoyed half blank retard look on their faces.

3 Likes

The new law excludes spent brass. All new brass is once fired hey ??

It is strange that you have to lock up inert projies but not cases.

They appear to want to start making household bombs again forcing us to store propellent in ferrous enclosures. They changed this to the explosives regs for secure storage exactly for this reason. Guessing they don’t care anymore.

Nah

Powder needs to go in a crate and then locked in a cupboard and then you send them a sketch of where it is so they can text the firies because apparently systems are linked to the point of a house fire flagging firearms owners that might have powder… Yeah ok

I wasn’t 100% convinced they understood the law or basics of firearm safety… nice guys but every time he picked up a pistol or rifle to read the serial number it was pointed right at the other officers head

3 Likes

I went to school with a bloke who became a cop, he accidentally shot one of his workmates while they were putting their sidearms away after their shift.
I reckon when a cop has a gun in his hand the only safe place to be is in a different postcode lol.

1 Like

Cleared the bush of one fox and 2 roos last week. Also a funny little story to go with it.

3 Likes

Went to the local gun shop here in pommyland:

1 Like

Mostly shotguns, some really nice ones… Beretta, Benelli M2s and found a Purdey!

The CO2 pistol my brother took home:

3 Likes

Well, this has been idling for a while… Went for a little morning plink and chicken wings with @Supaduke (who also wanted to handle a couple of mini pews for shopping decisions). Last one for the year.

Good effort!

4 Likes

Nothing too exciting…proved that my magnum martini hates PPU factory ammo…pierces the primers…Started sketching a bipod up the ol fashioned Autocad 2D way…

2 Likes