What I did in guns this week.

It may feel like it but he’ll just be pleased to see you.

2 Likes

No, I’ll just be happy to see you.

1 Like

I thought there was some sort of “gun show loophole” where you could buy a sten gun without a licence?

This week I found out our rental is being sold, so i packed up the reloading room ready to move. Then my mate dropped over with my modified 16ga resizing ring that screws into the rcbs cowboy 12ga die so il can make 12/14 greener brass, so i started unpacking reloading stuff. Lol
My big shifter is at the farm though so i can’t get the bloody removable bit out of the press so it’ll take the big dies.

1 Like

Mate, moving sucks, even if it’s your idea.

I’ve been living on the same property for 26yrs now, but had to move 15km to a different house on the other side of the place 13yrs ago. Fuckery, but I’ve got this one for life so it’s only very minor fuckery by comparison .

Good luck with it.

1 Like

Tell me about it mate.
Im 45yo, i half own a house in vic, i’m part owner of 3500 acres an hour and a half from here and my GF owns a houes too, and we’re still deali g with rental bullshit.

1 Like

Goose curry for dinner.

8 Likes

Did a trigger/general polish job on my CZ SP01. Went fairly conservative, didn’t want to round off any critical edges and can also do it again.
No access to a trigger guage for a before/after but soooo much smoother and lighter.
The double action feels like I put a spring half the weight in :grinning:
Single action is completely effortless.
Polished the rails and inside the frame as well and it’s such a pleasure.

2 Likes

Mmmm very interesting. Should post a how-to to our Handgun section.

Picked up the new s/h Sako 85 22-250 and set it back up…
Took it to my sighting in facility and tried it out with some of my reloads…
To say im happy with the way it shot straight off the bat would be an understatement…
No load developing required for this one, shot extremely well with the load i developed for my Finnlight 2 22-250…
Target at 100m…

4 Likes

Simply Sako…they are unreal…you do get what you pay for.

1 Like

Reckon I will :+1:
I’ll be overseas for a couple of weeks but I’ll take some pics and do a write-up etc when I’m back.

Today I discovered the “Transit” position of the Aristocrat sight. Apparently its for minimising height and cstching on stuff when in transit.

So I completely missed the 50yd targets today.

A 598 was okay though. I average 210-220 on the 50yd.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda, DIDNT.

That’s some good shooting.

Dude I clean missed 24 targets in a row. I don’t think anyone has ever achieved that feat. The whole time I was like “these feel like they’re going right where they are supposed to!” smug face

One old blind guy said I have to run around the club with my pants down.

2 Likes

I chose to ignore your 50-stupid-units failure and concentrate on your X’s and 9’s :slight_smile:

I know its not Sunday, but its been a fair while since I’ve had anything real to post here.

4 Likes

You’d be happy to finally be able to get yourself set up again, mate! :nerd_face::+1:

1 Like

Yeah mate, popping down to the new lgs to sort out 30 P558’s so i can put my licence application in.

5 Likes

pol coming to visit this week

Today I thought about checking everything was sweet but did some gardening instead as I’m pretty sure I do everything by the book as a matter of habit.

Wonder how I scored a storage audit?