What I did in guns this week.

Should have kept him and fattened him up for later on lol.

Well yesterday I tried my hand at coating cast projectiles with Hi-Tek product, was a bit of a learning curve but got the hang of it pretty quick. Need to change a few things but otherwise happy with the out come.
1400 357 projectiles. Zombie Green.

Before;

After;

Today I changed the bench around in the shed so it is now setup for casting and coating. I also put the 357’s through the sizer so now to load them.
Also went to the range for some fun but got my dates mixed up and there was no shooting planned for the day but a busy bee so stayed to help cleanup etc.

3 Likes

Yeah, why not it worked with my wife eh?

3 Likes

They look just like a fresh pack of Spartan projectiles I have. Looks awesome, and so nice not to have lead all down the barrel. Powdercoating projectiles was a great discovery .

1 Like

I think that the HiTec coating is a lot better than powder coating and easier to use. 20g of powder and 110ml of acetone and I had enough to do 3 coats and still would have about 1/3 of it left.

3 Likes

I think I saw FortuneCookie45LC on youtube using that product. “Coming to you from the hot lead zone”.

2 Likes

I will have to bring you some to try out when I get up that way .

1 Like

Hi tek is a dedicated coating, for bullets, better than powder coating, for pistol velocities. 2000 fps rifle bullets is a whole different ball game, which Hitek struggles with.

Yep i didn’t do much except complain to the mrs about me being bored hoping she’d say try buying a new rifle but ‘‘nah’’ she goes off and contacts all six kids and their spouses and they all pool in and buy me a ride on mower and a spray tank for it for fathers day with a lovely letter saying if you’re bored mow some grass and spray some weeds ‘‘YEP’’ me and my big mouth.

6 Likes

Haha! The boom spray is a great thing!!

Yeah they are ,mine is only a hand held 55ltr tank on pram wheels it tows behind the mower quiet well ,beats walking around with a knapsac spray, anyway i’ve got mowing to do can’t stay talking all day :grin: :rofl:

3 Likes

Sorry mate, I have to 1 up ya, mine has the boom!! Have fun!

Ah you have the bigger tank then, mine only came with the hand spray but i prefer it to the boom for getting around the fences and shed :+1:t2:

1 Like

Starting to get prepared for the stage 5/6 lock down.
20200906_100828_resized

3 Likes

Ohh yerrr little shorties, I love making those :slight_smile:

I sat at home working, looking longingly out to the letter box, waiting for my PTAs and reloading gear to turn up, only to have one of two PTAs delivered (for the second firearm on the form, WTF!?) and my reloading gear to sit, unmoving apparently, in Sydney.

Also, Ranbuild, who are doing our shed, informed me that after telling me the plans were to the council last week the plans actually made it to the council only on last Friday “because of COVID”… Cool.

1 Like

Again nothing too exciting, loaded up some 300WM with some AR2213sc to try out. Hopefully get out to the range this week to check them out.

1 Like

Got my fathers day Volquartsen trigger assembly for the PC9 charger today and that’s about it. Still here on Straddie until tomorrow so a gun free week for me.

2 Likes

3 Likes

First went fox whistling with my boy,then target shooting,then finally relaxing with a beer watching my favourite movies…

9 Likes