What I did in guns this week.

Very cool @Bigpete Cool looking rifle to. Are you going to fully refurb it?

I’m unsure how far I want to go with it. In a way I’d like to go the whole hog,but in another way I kinda like the fact it looks shit but shoots great. I’ll at very least look at oiling the stock

Would be a great project mate if that’s the way you decide to go. Either way, good that it’s a shooter. Enjoy mate.

You lot should of seen the crap in the action and barrel lol :nauseated_face:

Also finally got my optisan eve2.5-10×50pi scope fitted to my 22/250,and have been using it in conjunction with my pard nv007 the last 2 nights to take 5 rabbits,2 hares,and a long tailed crop eater under permit. Even my old man,an ex pro fox shooter,is impressed by it.

3 Likes

Natural patina is good…provides character…I reblued my grandfather’s Lithgow M12 22lr, kind of regret it…but I still have it, that’s the main thing!

Can you see the bullet impact through the scope, with the 22-250? Good shooting!!

No i can’t tbh

1 Like

The 250 has a fair muzzle blast I guess. Minimal recoil though…

Nothing too exciting this week. Processed a few hundred cases, damaged a few as per previous post, then sonic cleaned and tumbled in corn cob for a few hours. Most unnecessary I know but they are all nice and shiny now. Also vac sealed them in batches for longer term storage. All in order now.

I don’t pay attention tbh.
Just enough recoil to move the rifle. Mind you,going from that to the 35 whelen the other day I felt no real difference in recoil…although there obviously is

You wash your mouth out with soap, young man! Shiny brass is like 90% of any precision work! Heck, 98%!

1 Like

Well my belief is that if it looks good then it is quite often good. Can be a bit floored sometimes however seems correct most of the time.:+1:t2::beer:

Plus it adds another 100fps on your rounds.

1 Like

At least!

Jumped down the rabbit hole of reloading. Hoping everything will arrive this week, including the two PTAs that I’m waiting on.

3 Likes

Here’s what I did… You ready? Remain seated. Drum roll. I added running to my exercise. That’s right. I like pain. And I hate running. But it was time.

Sounds terrible

Not gonna lie, after walking around the bush for 8 hours carrying that godamn African, and getting SFA, I ran this little bastard over on the way home with a smile. CRUNCH!!

1 Like

Got my reloading room finished inside so loaded 200 creed, sized and trimmed 50 308. Cleaned a couple of guns and set up the tv my brother in law gave me from his old house. The dies for my next rifle showed up too.

5 Likes