The cartridge you are most uninterested in.

At practical .22 cal range the 222 Rem is king over 223 I say. Even with the fast twist developments of the 223, tighter groups will always be shot with a 6.5 or 308 beyond 700m in my experiences

1 Like

Yeah the WSSM rage was a big flop!

I feel so dirty, I just bought my second. 308 :shushing_face:

1 Like

Fuck yeah!

1 Like

I have 3. 4 if you count things that shoot 308 pills. 7 if we are just rounding to 30cal in general lol

I think I have 7 .30 cals too.
3x .303
2x .308
1x 7.7x54 (.303 sport)
& the Japasaka

300 Blackout, its ballistics can be duplicated with almost any .30 cal rifle.

That may be true however it is good fun, and good medicine on close range pigs as well as being economical to load if that happens to be one of the concerns.

1 Like

Each to their own I guess. The nostalgia and fun of shooting a .30 milsurp with blackout ballistics is cheap fun too!

Absolutely mate. I don’t really have anything I am uninterested in. I love them all and wouldn’t turn my nose up at anything. Whilst I don’t have any milsurps I definitely see the attraction. In hindsight I’d have probably gone a lever 30/30 for the close range work on the oinkers, in saying that I do enjoy my blackout. Plus I had plenty of suitable projectiles, and heaps of old 222 and 223 brass that I converted for the blackout. Have messed around with Trailboss with it also, great fun.

2 Likes

Been a while, but hows the 300 blackout going? Im actually warming upto one of the Howa mini actions, in an Oryx chassis…just maybe…

1 Like

Mate it’s still going well, taken plenty of pigs since the last post. Of course I’ve had to load heavier projectiles so I can use 2207 due to the lack of 2205. Saving that for my 357 mag and my 310 cadet mate.
So cheap to run mate, I don’t think I’d ever get rid of it.

1 Like

Exactly…im saving my 05 for 310 cadet too! Enjoy…

1 Like

Should have my cadet project finished soon mate. Very much looking forward to getting it out to the range and seeing how my brand new barrel goes with my cast projectiles.

1 Like

Keep us posted!!!

1 Like

Wilco Sir

1 Like

Im going to shoot my 310 in service competition at 1,2, and even 300m for a laugh…
A mate has shot a 130 out of 150 with his…thats an A grade score

1 Like

I hope to shot comp with mine also mate once I have it up and running. Really looking forward to it. I have been more of a hunter over the years however have started shooting a few lever action comps at my local. Good fun, good blokes and ladies there too.

1 Like

Not sure if you’re a YouTube watcher @MaxJon however if you’re interested, Ron Spomer does a comparison between the 30/30 and the 300AAC.
Results were a bit surprising.

1 Like

For anyone who maybe interested.

1 Like