The cartridge you are most uninterested in.

Real men don’t shoot 270.

Yeah nah the 243 or the 270 don’t do anything for me either even though I’ve owned both and at the time liked them, but today there are better cartridges that cover a wider area for hunting the 243 and 270 seems to be in between the other cartridges ie 308, 7mm, 300 thus rendering it a ‘‘If you like it regardless of its faults’’ cartridge, the 243 is the same.

A REAL man would own a 30-06. :innocent:

2 Likes

A real OLD man.

That cause they made us tough enough to handle one, young blokes now days… not so much…

That’s probably true, if you follow the history of military calibres over the last few generations and extrapolate that foward another couple of generations soldiers will all be shooting .22lr at each other from their safe spaces!
Yanks have gone 30-06 - 308 - 223 and .45 down to 9mm.
Commonwealth 577-450 - 303 / 308 - 223 and 455 webley to pissy 9mm.
They may even end up with 177 air rifles in a few more generations, although you won’t need to pull a trigger soon, just trigger the enemy with hurtful words, like “he” or “she”.
“Sarge, I need a medic, I’ve been missgendered.”

4 Likes

Have i told you to fuck off with the “old” comments before?

It’s in your username :slight_smile:

100% it will be bubble wrap and cotton balls at 50 paces.

1 Like

… just trigger the enemy with hurtful words, like “he” or “she”. “Sarge, I need a medic, I’ve been missgendered.”

Funny as hell.

1 Like

Sign me up Commander.

We think it funny, but last week I did a basic first aid course and part of the bs at the start was to make sure we treat the patient with respect and refer to them with their choice of pronoun! Seriously wtf?
I said to the instructor that if being missgendered was the patients biggest concern then they didn’t need me to stop their bleeding or Pim their snake bite. Lol

3 Likes

45/70 auto is another one

Ahh the “offended generation” they’re the ones who’ve been misnamed, they should be called the “pack of whinging c&nts” generation.

Just let them bleed out @bentaz :wink:

2 Likes

I guess if 280 Rem was invented first, it might have been the popular one. But it didnt come to be until 30 odd years later. What else was using .277 that made it popular over .284/7mm?

Though funny, I Might put this train back on the tracks and say any of the WSSM SUAM and RUM cartridges I’ve owned a few of them, all that bang for a lot $$$ They just don’t fit in with my tight arse values lol

There’s another vote for 243 and 270 here. Keep looking at 243 but only because there are heaps of nice rifle going cheap that I could rebarrel to something more appealing.

I suppose there are better 6mm cartridges out there than the 243 the 6BR or BRX ect. But I really like the 243 as a hunting rifle. I find myself gravitating towards that all the time.

There is at least one - 6.5x55 Swedish :slight_smile:

Yep I love the almost obsolete stuff too, hate being a sheep! But in a military club, it’s hard not to be that sheep sometimes. I am patriotic tho my 3p comp rifle is a Lithgow No1 mk3