The cartridge you are most uninterested in.

Yeah interesting…ive always maintained, the 300BO ballistics can be duplicated with almost any 30 cal rifle…

2 Likes

Thats why i cant justify buying one…i don’t mind the Mini Howa action they come in though…

Yes mate I agree you could replicate the 300 AAC ballistics with most 30 cal as you have already eluded too. So I guess it is hard to justify buying one. Mine is in a Ruger American Ranch, nice and light, surprisingly accurate, and of course really cheap to run. It’s just easier when on a bike, out of the car, and in the thicker stuff than handling my 308. Also a good excuse to get another addition to the safe. To be honest mate I was actually going to buy the Ruger in 7.62x39 however after doing some further research decided on the 300 AAC instead.

1 Like

Good value and a ten round mag to boot. The 7.62x39 only comes with 5 round which could probably be fixed with a 3d printed follower, or even a follower swap of the 300 Barack Obama mag

Absolutely perfect choice for subsonics as the 30 cal has some stupid heavy options unlike the .311/.312 x39.

In fact I think there is probably no better candidate for 30 cal subsonics than the 300 Black Out. Endless choice of heavy projectiles, brass is basically .223 levels of cheap if you dont mind a bit of work, even then quality starline brass can be had for close to .50c/case. Im settled. This is settled. As Julia Gillard once said “The soyence is like, towtalee sett’old”.

Well thats what it was designed for…So many other 30 cals simply do it all…and squib loads

Mate projectile choice was definitely one of the main reasons I went for the 300 blackout over the 7.62x39.
Secondly brass is so easy to come by. As I said in one of my earlier posts that I make it out of my old 222 and 223 brass. Much easier making it from the 223 brass than the 222 though.