The big fat COVID-19 thread.

Yeah, fair point lol.

Anyway. It’s Sunday. If everything is okay and club is open or at least not closed to open access, I’ll go for a plinky plink on Wednesday.

This gives me about 4 days.

Challenge: wear the same pair of Darth Vadar PJ pants until then! Let the games begin.

1 Like

Yeah that will suck if the ranges start to close. i Know one in the bush up the coast will almost definitely stay open, and i have access to an ipsc range through a mate, he’s an RO there and has access when they’re closed.
No god damn bloody virus is going to get in the way of my fun.

Oh and i love those PJs, i’d wear them down the shops just for shits & giggles

I’d say public ranges will be closing, having a key or at least a mate with a key will be the key, lol!

2 Likes

At least the grog shop will be open - apparently it’s been classed as an essential service.

1 Like

Bugger!!! oh well, but better to be safe than sorry i guess, looks like sneaky after hours IPSCing lol.
Considering our premier can’t count to 5 if she’s wearing mittens I wonder if Qld will be smart & proactive enough to follow suit to try nip it in the bud?

I reckon once one state does it the rest will follow suit.

Looks like I’m on leave until money runs out then. Bugger.

Fucked up.

HAHA, non-essential activities… that is pretty much the whole state. :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :thinking: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

1 Like

Well, I must give thanks. The NT is closing its borders too, and with only five confirmed cases (zero transmissions from within) we might sail through this mostly all still employed and at school.

Mum went to work at the nursing home earlier last week, they did a temp check, all clear. Asked a few questions. She answered one of them that her son had flown in from Canberra a couple of days agao and shed had contact with him. Two weeks off :wink:
Shes happily gardening away :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My Mrs works for the gov & was told last week that she can & should work from home because she’s up the duff so at higher risk. So she’s got a few weeks working from home then goes on maternity leave for a year. Pretty good timing i reckon. :smiley:

2 Likes

Meantime, there has been an unprecedented number of home explosions in the Middle East, when all terror groups started to enforce work from from home policy, to combat the spread of COVID-19.

7 Likes

Steve carrol laughing

That’s what I was referring to regarding access vs open access. If they enforce close of facility for ‘open access’ - nobody will be going anywhere.

This escalated quickly - around 4pm today, ay - that’s an escalation.

@JSS

Timely post, shot IPSC in the morning, got email just now - club is closed until further notice, but not for open access. You may be in luck :slight_smile:

So I wonder what’s happening with PTAs in this environment.

Sweet, hopefully we can still get some therapy then.

I hope PTAs are still being processed, i did one online yesterday for the Charger, but Qld isn’t like Vic ours take a few days if you’re very lucky or a few weeks if not. Doesn’t really matter though as the gun is still a few months away, maybe longer now with all these lock downs.

One thing’s for sure, with fewer opportunities to actually get out & shoot, the forum should be a hive of activity lol.

2 Likes

Would be a perfect time for everyone to work on and submit entries into the forum competition.

So get started everyone and send them in…….

Just incase you have forgotten,

1 Like