The big fat COVID-19 thread.

Got a txt last night that my dad had covid and wasnt doing so well. He is 82 and is as fit as a 82 year old can be had his 3 vax’s rang my mom this morning and she is shit scared he is really just hanging on by the sounds of it. Hopefully a ambulance will come today they are having problems getting a doctor to come and see him.

Really sorry to hear that mate.

Me too mate, i hope everything works out ok and he comes good soon.

Thanks guys. Finally just got him in an Ambulance the biggest fight was getting him to agree to it. At least now the professionals can give him some assistance.

8 Likes

Heres hoping he comes good quickly mate

1 Like

So according to the ABC news this morning there have now been 3000 deaths from covid in Victoria.
Half of those this year alone!

That means that the death rate has sky-rocketed since they forced the useless vaccines on everyone. What a 500 billion dollar joke…

3 Likes

So that’s 0.00045(ish)% of Victoria’s 6.7(ish) million population…
Over 2 years…

3 Likes

just remember to, thats " with " covid… how many had other issues that exasperated the issue… like saying someone who had aids died of a cold ( which happens) and blaming the cold…

Thankfully my dad is getting better still very sick but each day is a little better. It was a very scary experience and to those that think it is just a slight cold well it can be or NOT. He was triple vaxed and fit healthy other than High Blood pressure like how many of us. He very nearly died. The worst part of it is that as carers there is nothing you can do to make them even feel a little better or to ease the symptoms.

@sungazer ,Glad your father is on the mend, my Dr told me the vax is a buffer at best, thankfully it seems to have helped in this case.
A mates son got Covid, he lives with his girlfriend and they had a flatmate, they contracted it as well… All were triple-vaxed. They went into isolation. Mates son reckons it was the best time off work he has had, his girlfriend spent a week in bed crook as a dog. Their flatmate wound up in hospital on a respirator.
It affects everyone differently, +80% of the population is asymptomatic, then we go down the path of severity from there.

A big thanks to all that have commented You wouldnt believe how much just speaking about to friends helps even virtually through a forum.
My take away from this is to really appreciate your family while you have them its shocking just how quick life can change. The other one is to not take covid so lightly I had been pretty flippant about it despite the stats and knowing people were dyeing from it, having had it myself probably made that even worse.

4 Likes

Chatting with my doc the other day about covid and the effectiveness and objective of the vax. He was of the opinion that most of the vaxs would need to be taken every 3 months which would not be acceptable to people. (he thinks NOVA vax is better than others). So in the end it looks like genuine naturally acquire herd immunity will have to be reached. Each time we get infected the symptoms reducing and probably being reinfected every 6-12 weeks.
All this drama for a end result of?

4 Likes

Hope your dad is doing better mate…

Well well well.

As a shopkeeper who often comes into physical, sometimes fluid exchanging physical :kissing_heart: contact with hundreds of unwashed people and having had the WuFlu multiple times and being unable to confirm or deny whether I am vaccinated though I am legally required to be…

I happen to agree with you.

1 Like

I am guessing WA is the first to add boosters to the definition of Fully Vaxd !

Yesterdays directions definitions

28th of April definition. I made sure to grab a section of the next page to show it is not there.

Fuck COVID…
Finally copped a dose.
Gonna be a boring 7 days!

1 Like

That’s 7 days to do the shit around the house that your missus has been bugging you to do…

2 Likes

I’ve got a better idea… tidy up the reloading/fishing room and reorganise the shed! :nerd_face::+1:

3 Likes

It could be “Sorry dear I feel like shit. I just want to lay on the couch and watch the TV”

2 Likes

Already bored with that and only day 1…
So far it’s not too bad but getting a bit crustier as the day/night goes on.

Hopefully we get some decent weather and I can self isolate on my boat one day!

2 Likes