The big fat COVID-19 thread.

love this bloke… just puts it like it is, whether you agree or not…

1 Like

Russel is anti gun though so i don’t watch/listen to him anymore

Yeah, I must say I am not a fan. He tries to communicate this rebellious intellectual vibe, which seems to be some sort of thinly veiled smug impersonation pseudointellectual. Certainly a great speaker and very quick on his feet, but predictable. Maybe he could just stick to comedy and entertainment in general.

No its ok…
Hes been cancelled for being a right wing conservative, conspiracy theorist. I too thought he was just a not very funny, herion addict commi. But the twiters say he’s one of us, so he must be ok!
The Twiters never lie…

3 Likes

he does have some " weird " antics, and obviously don’t agree with his ideas about " gun control " … but in this vid I personally think he hit the nail on the head… especially coming from the British medical journal, is surprising that they were " allowed " to print what they did…

1 Like

LOL… so now they want everyone just to " forget " whats happened over the last 2 years and " rebrand " their image… love how this chic goes " they need to get rid of chief wiggim " …

2 Likes

While I can appreciate the sentiment, I would still throw all of Sky News’ grifting conservatards in the same bag as any of the establishment. Rita, Andrew, Chris, Paul, Rowan…their entire schtick is “OMG imagine the outcry if it was a [right wing] that did what [left wing] did.”

Stop watching legacy media, it rots your soul.

1 Like

as much as I agree with you, most ( if not all) media has a agenda ( whether hidden or not)… in this particular case, I would have to agree somewhat… I had 2 close friends ( husband and wife) living in Melbourne during much of this " stuff " that was going on, 2 of the straightest shooters you would ever meet( wouldn’t steel 50c from a rich man)… she said the 6 months they stayed was the worst 6 months of their life… she said she was pulled up more in that 6 months than the last 30 + years of driving… it got so bad, she said you would get pulled up twice going to shops 10 mins away and they were really " rude " … there were police EVERYWHERE… she said she never felt so intimidated and unsafe…

ended up like A LOT, " fleeing " up to ( north) Queensland… with the promise never to return…

I live in Melbourne, I haven’t personally experienced any of that, @noneyabussiness, and nobody I know has either. Interesting topic though. Personally, I think Sky News is the most straight shooting, obviously, a lot of grains of salt needs to be applied to al media, but this is what I think. I absorb a lot of info lol (read: procrastinate) and I don’t lean any which way politically, so make of it what you will. Implying that I can (hope I can) see this things objectively.

Live streams don’t generally lie. And this is what brought the downfall of trust for Vic policing. As well, as when ABC starts broadcasting negative sentiment surveys for VicPol; and ABC left leaning journalists start sparing at press conferences with left leaning government, it’s probably a good time to listen.

There is A LOT of mistrust and animosity to police in metro Melbourne, across majority of population, even those who had nothing but respect for them. Seeing live streams is what woke a lot of us up. It will take a new government, new minister, new chief and I think at least 2 generations to rebuild their community relationship to pre-COVID days. And the fact that they started the initiative, they know they are in the shits.

Now that I think about it, I did have to drop by a local police station a few days ago… And they were really friendly. Well, one was really friendly and nice, the other seemed nice but very confused by life lol. So maybe it’s the area or the campaign, who knows…

I’m glad it wasn’t everywhere then… as they never elaborated on exactly where they were staying I can only speculate they picked a " bad area "… it was just so interesting as these people never rock any boats, and are usually very " pro police " … I have always been of the sentiment my nana taught me " believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see " … she was from the 2nd world war days ( was a nurse ) and reckons even then, the crap that was spun vs reality was shocking…

Regardless, when (on video!) a cop taunts a protestor to ‘have a go’ - it clearly demonstrates the ‘us vs them’ mentality, not what police is meant to be, so that right there is game over from respect point of view. I know a few cops on a more personal level, so I am very conscious that not everyone is the same, but broadly, as an origination - they have a very, very long road to travel now.

1 Like

Used car sales (admin edit.)
Real estate agents
Ice dealers
Vic police
Snake shit
Lisa Nevile

3 Likes

Vic cops :rofl:

Back in the day they were so bad they made their murderous corrupt colleagues in Sydney look half respectable.

1 Like

There’s currently a community sentiment survey about policing open if you guys want to contribute your opinions.

https://engage.vic.gov.au/annual-vicpol-community-sentiment-survey-2022

1 Like

Just about community safety. Not relevant to this thread. I didn’t see any fields addressing sentiment and objections to head stomping, brutalizing special-needs pensioners, and clear conflict of interest within internal investigations. Do you have a link to that survey?

There is a question “Are you comfortable talking to police?” which leads to a free text field where you can leave some feedback.

Lol imagine being double vaxxed and getting covid twice LMAO!

LOL yep like me hahaha

I couldn’t help it. Conversely, there are 500 cases in the NT now and they are talking about masks and other stuff. So over it.