The big fat COVID-19 thread.

Would any of you run if you had the chance? I mean, if you had the place and the money and were happy to milk this stupid agenda of printing money and giving it to businesses on a whim, before the inevitable austerity kicks in. Would you run? Say you had an island block in a nation not too far from Australia that was basically Covid free, has zero communists, zero terrorists, acceptable gun laws and decent education opportunities for your kids. Also tropical weather beaches and sunsets to boot.

Would you do it?

1 Like

I am already there, well except for the acceptable gun laws lol.

3 Likes

He said a tropical island. Not a sandy gulag, you fucking koolaid drinker.

3 Likes

At some point. It’s not at that point just yet.

Maybe but everywhere I’ve looked has their own shit and it’s usually worse than ours.

Politicians are shit everywhere and they can be a lot worse than we have.

Wife and I have looked at jobs in NZ and Sweden. Sweden looked good and I’ve been there before as a tourist but it was going to mean delaying a lot of life stuff and if we stayed it was too far from family.
NZ was just such a massive hit financially that we couldn’t do it. It would still probably be the first choice tho.

Canada would be cool but has no teaching jobs. Certain parts of the US would be good to live in but work wise is shit for teachers.
Switzerland would be amazing based on my research (Bloke on the Range). No idea what jobs are like there.

1 Like

I’d settle for a time machine.1970’s Australia looks good.

2 Likes

1980s time machine even…

1 Like

Just think of all the awesome toys you could set aside in a nice safe place.

12 monkeys

2 Likes

@JSS you respond to 1980’s but you pic is so 2020! LMAO

It’s more 1995, plus (completely by accident) it’s from a movie with a time machine. :wink:

But really it’s just the face i’d be pulling if i got to keep some of that 70’s or 80’s goodness.

1 Like

4 Likes

Touche good sir.

4 Likes

Taking tips from Trump. Hey not that far fetched by his standards Ethanol kills the virus inject it directly to the body. for a cleaner quicker kill use bleach. Oh you meant kill the virus woops.

Cabin fever setting in mate?? :grin:

Very mush so.

Australian citizens can’t leave the country without a government exemption.

Victorian police using drones to watch you in the park, at the beach and to check your cars rego on the road.

This is fine. [Flames intensify]

1 Like

Social media will be interesting tomorrow.

1 Like

Going crazy from being locked down at home?
I was just talking about this with the microwave and the toaster while drinking my coffee, and we all agreed that things are getting bad.
I didn’t mention any of this to the washing machine, because she puts a different spin on EVERYTHING!! Certainly couldn’t share with the fridge, cause he’s been acting cold and distant!
In the end, the iron straightened me out! She said the situation isn’t all that pressing and all the wrinkles will soon get ironed out!
The vacuum, however, was very unsympathetic…told me to just suck it up buttercup! But the fan was VERY optimistic and gave me hope that it will all blow over soon!
The toilet looked a bit flushed but didn’t say anything when I asked its opinion, but the front door said I was becoming unhinged and the doorknob told me to get a grip!! You can just about guess what the curtains told me: they told me to “pull myself together!”

7 Likes

A rumour has begun circling. Two week total lockdown during school holidays at the end of the current lockdown.
Weeeee.
I used to be so dismissive about this sort of crap. Those were the days.

2 Likes