The big fat COVID-19 thread.

There are also lots of reported glitches and people being informed that they have been in contact with an infected person.

Fair enough mate. I am not tech minded as I have already eluded to and as such, seeing the code would mean nothing to me. Was just a generalisation that if they are willing to show us the inner workings then perhaps it’s ok. To be honest if it helps us get back to normal sooner then I don’t have any issues with it.

That doesn’t surprise me at all.

When this whole beer aids thing started we were told at work, along with reduced hours (I’m down to 2 days a week) not to attend if we were sick.
Today I got a text.
One of the people I work with has felt the need to go in for testing…because he has had multiple symptoms for over two weeks.
Fucker has been coming into work during this time. Not an idiot - he has multiple degrees.
Now I have 72 hours until this intelligent fuckwits results come back.

2 Likes

Those things are not mutually exclusive.

1 Like

All too true unfortunately. Those pieces of paper ain’t that hard to get, and certainly dont make the person holding them “smart”.

Mine wasn’t easy to get :stuck_out_tongue:

Would have been if you were smarter! :rofl::rofl::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Totally.

1 Like

Well, I have a couple of fancy pieces of paper too, but most people with an average IQ that “dedicate themselves to putting in the effort” could get a degree. You dont need to be “smart”. I know MANY people with PhDs that have no common sense at all

1 Like

Geeez, folks, it was a joke… At least, @Gwion got it lol

I did say he was an Intelligent fuckwit.

Yeah but he is from South Mexico so doesn’t count.

There could be a lot of cases like this. My wife has been quite sick for the last couple of weeks. difference is that she has not gone out. Due to testing facilities being so far away and in general the family not going out she or the rest of the family have not been tested.

The other side of the equation is that she really only ever goes out to a place where it could be likely to get an infection once every two weeks.

So is the common cold and normal influenza more infectious? There has been talk that the normal influenza cases this year will be much lower (not that they are really known unless very bad hospitalization I would think)
The US has just reached its normal infection and death rate that it would normally incur every year. Will there be a separate calculation of the common influenza or will it all be dumped into one covid category?

Sorry old mate…I missed the “funny”…if I was smarter I would have stayed on the tools…

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue:

Nothing like introducing more red tape for small business while they are struggling.

“Western Australia’s hospitality industry is being prepared for a return to business, with the launch of a mandatory COVID-19 hygiene training program to protect the public and venue staff.”

There’s actually an article about the new WA mandatory COVID-19 hygiene training programme. Heaps of detail.

1 Like

Basically :rofl:

When this is over, I am buying a firearm for every month I missed out on! I may already have 3 months pre-planned, but whatever.