The big fat COVID-19 thread.

It’s more 1995, plus (completely by accident) it’s from a movie with a time machine. :wink:

But really it’s just the face i’d be pulling if i got to keep some of that 70’s or 80’s goodness.

1 Like

4 Likes

Touche good sir.

4 Likes

Taking tips from Trump. Hey not that far fetched by his standards Ethanol kills the virus inject it directly to the body. for a cleaner quicker kill use bleach. Oh you meant kill the virus woops.

Cabin fever setting in mate?? :grin:

Very mush so.

Australian citizens can’t leave the country without a government exemption.

Victorian police using drones to watch you in the park, at the beach and to check your cars rego on the road.

This is fine. [Flames intensify]

1 Like

Social media will be interesting tomorrow.

1 Like

Going crazy from being locked down at home?
I was just talking about this with the microwave and the toaster while drinking my coffee, and we all agreed that things are getting bad.
I didn’t mention any of this to the washing machine, because she puts a different spin on EVERYTHING!! Certainly couldn’t share with the fridge, cause he’s been acting cold and distant!
In the end, the iron straightened me out! She said the situation isn’t all that pressing and all the wrinkles will soon get ironed out!
The vacuum, however, was very unsympathetic…told me to just suck it up buttercup! But the fan was VERY optimistic and gave me hope that it will all blow over soon!
The toilet looked a bit flushed but didn’t say anything when I asked its opinion, but the front door said I was becoming unhinged and the doorknob told me to get a grip!! You can just about guess what the curtains told me: they told me to “pull myself together!”

7 Likes

A rumour has begun circling. Two week total lockdown during school holidays at the end of the current lockdown.
Weeeee.
I used to be so dismissive about this sort of crap. Those were the days.

2 Likes

And bent arrow … Terrible.
but I laughed

1 Like

At this rate, we will tell stories in the future.
“Well kids, in the olden days, you could go outside and go pretty much wherever you wanted at whatever time you wanted. You could even stay out after dark”
They will stare in disbelief…

2 Likes

This is based on the interview with some professor of asshattery and fuck him right in the ear.

1 Like

Reminds me of:

My wife asked me why I carry a gun around the house. I said decepticons.
She laughed. I laughed. The toaster laughed. I shot the toaster. It was a good time.

2 Likes

Problem is the medicinal high horse these hand wringers are riding on right now,
Very good chance they are/will start calling the shots.
All for our own good.
I have heard the rumour from a different source as well as social media crackpottery

Well, everyone probably read the article. But it would be too easy for this thing to end when spastic andy said it will end, when was he ever known to deliver something on time? Probably true. Yes, medical professionals with blinkers on are making decisions, which is another reason he must step down, he should be leading not the ama.

1 Like

Wife and I are teachers and we suspect this.

Firstly, the current lockdown is scheduled to end with one week left of term and I suspect both the government and schools aren’t going to want to have kids going back to school for only a week.

Secondly, I think the government is rightly worried that if the lockdown ends just as the holidays hit, people are going to go nuts and zoom all around the state and generally act as if the whole thing is over.

Fingers crossed we’re wrong.

2 Likes

Bet your not wrong…

There is zero communicated exit strategy… It’s so opaque, you have to be legally retarded to think that they (a) know what they are doing; (b) have an actual exit strategy that outlines what success looks like; and (c ) have realistic expectations, in line with comparable states (e.g. NSW). The (c ) is really just knowing what end goal is, which, again, has not been communicated and makes me think there isn’t one.

Don’t think you are wrong, @Nomis. Just buy more guns, it makes me feel better.