The big fat COVID-19 thread.

I will get the wife to make up the spare room for you.

Thanks mate, it’ll just be me, oh and Delta and lockdown!

1 Like

*turns the car around and heads home as the WA Uberfurer declares that I can’t come in unless I’m fully vaccinated.

Mr WA has said he plans on keeping the state closed even after other states reach 80% vax rates. Sounds a bit like North Korea to me. :grinning:

1 Like

What, are you only just getting that impression now?

2 Likes

The first 6 weeks is always the hardest bit of a 7 day lockdown!

3 Likes

This would now be 6.3 I think. What are the predictions for the amount of extensions for Metro. I went to Mt Buller on Sat if any positive cases get up there it will be a super spreader for sure. No face masks on pretty full standing room only buses.

Not surprising but we seem to have won the race to restricting people based off vaccine status. :trophy:

They didn’t ease restrictions on people vaccinated but have applied further restrictions on those not. A good indicator of how our gov works.

Never thought we would have to produce papers in my life time but guess I was wrong.

“We comply because we want it to stop but they don’t stop because we comply”

1 Like

Verbatim nonsense directly from the US of A with 600k dead.

When have they given something back to us by complying ? In most parts of government the restrictions only build, not reduce.

When you have a premier saying restrictions will not be lifted until there are zero cases, extremely likely considering even vaccinated people can still have it, and lockdowns will be part of life is there any reason to think otherwise ?

“Until there are zero cases” just shows how much they have no fucking idea.
This shit is here to stay, anyone who thinks we can eradicate it has lost touch with reality. It will run it’s course, ( think Spanish flu ), the current “vaccines” are a band-aid solution to a gaping wound. They don’t prevent you from catching or transmitting this virus.
Our annual death toll from influenza is around 3600. The annual flu shot has to be changed every year and is always out of date as the flu virus mutates constantly.
This whole “vaccine passport” has the tones of “papers please” from WW2 Europe.

4 Likes

I think (hope) there is @Gregfiddich. Probably closely following and copying other countries. So at some point in the near future there must be a date where it’s open and let the virus run. The only solution to weather the storm and maybe prevent the health system from being overloaded (in the ‘let it run’ part after opening) is to get a vaccine. It is certainly not as effective as most of us would like it to be, but if it’s a difference between a hospital and not, then it’s doing exactly what it’s supposed to.

2 Likes

Looks like Im joining the Fraternal Order of The Brotherhood of The Locked Down.

1 Like

I also hope things would settle, but the current premier isn’t really instilling confidence that decisions are based on reality. I think the political state in WA isn’t helping, in other states there is at least an alternating opinion in parliament be it right or wrong. It feels more democratic when there is someone having an alternate opinion to the sitting government.

1 Like

If i remember correctly the original lockdowns were “to give them time to prepare our medical/hospital systems” to cater for the numbers they were predicting. Then i think they’ve said to themselves well those fuckers put up with it once so lets just roll with lockdowns and let each individual cop the costs of it rather than get our shit together.
Now we’re waiting on vaccine numbers to free the community again. What will be the next excuse after the numbers hit their required 70-80% mark??
The logical thing would be let the thing run and work on the “herd immunity” with the help of the majority of the population being vaccinated. But i bet that doesn’t happen either. It’ll be oh no “variant Foxtrot” is far too dangerous, you fuckers better stay at home for whatever time we determine you should.
No wonder people are starting to crack and say “fuck it” and protest or ignore it and behave like knobs, people have different breaking points and some people seem to have already reached theirs…I’m wondering what happens when 80% of the population reach theirs???

3 Likes

Well good old Gladys has just said in her TV interview today. That even when we reach 80% vax rate lockdowns will still occur based on case numbers. So if 30 people test positive in one day then back to lockdown.

I don’t fucking know anymore… People are certainly over it. Maybe not the die hard greenies and labor supporters that are in a perpetual state of unemployment. They love it, make more money than they did while employed at zero effort. But I am hoping at some point that too will come to an end when those who support their benefits start shutting their business and going out of work.

NFI

1 Like

Seems it’s the newest political currency of who can be “toughest” on covid.
Fuck it. It’s funking ruining my business and my marriage and we aren’t even in lockdown. The division of opinion and parochial isolationist attitudes mean that even if situations ease interstate, there will be pressure locally to keep border closed. Considering most hospitality & tourism businesses rely on 3x the Tas population visiting from interstate…
We
Are
Fucked

1 Like

5 Likes

Not if he ever comes across a destroyed business owner in a dark alley he won’t. :rofl:

I reckon old Jim from Jims Mowing would be happy to slip the remains in a woodchipper for them too :wink: