The big fat COVID-19 thread.

This Corona virus is affecting everything there was a ‘’ Psychic show on but it was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances ‘’ :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Yes, I dropped into a middle eastern grocers out at Dandenong today because I was there and needed to pickup some sugar for the office. Plenty of big bags of rice,pulses etc and I got my sugar no worries.Seems the panic hoarders have limited imaginations.

2 Likes

I’ve survived driving a Jeep 550km to the bugout without a single breakdown, I calling Guinness to claim a world record. I will try to post some pictures tomorrow of my dungeon if I’m not too busy shooting :grinning:

4 Likes

…but before calling the Guinness book of records, he messaged me.

2 Likes

Ah true mateship :slightly_smiling_face:

Brett’s bug out room.

2 Likes

Not even surprised.

Bit silly to put the vest way up there out of reach. If your not protected having all those guns is next to useless. some of these guys think they could win in a gun fight against 5-10 people.

I still don’t think that guy has enough guns…

Does anyone really have enough guns, @JSS?

Nope. :grin:

You could make some BACON yourself real easy in a week. In case of a bacon shortage, see below. Else, keep reading.

1 whole big fresh butchered pork belly around 2-3kgs, skin off. Mix 1/2 cup salt and 1/2cup sugar, splash of bourbon and two tbs instant coffee. Rub it all over the belly, front back and sides. Put the belly in a big zip lock bag and throw all the salt sugar mix in with it, all of it. Each day, flip the bag over (or turn it over if you are using a dish and cover it again with glad wrap). 7 days later, rinse it clean, soak it in ice water in the fridge for an hour and then let it dry in the fridge uncovered until the next day.

Slice and freeze, cook as needed. Or smoke it at about 90 degrees until it reaches 65 degrees internal and refrigerate. If the belly isnt fresh (i.e. the skin is soft like supermarket stuff) use the right amount of curing salt (Prague Powder 1/Instacure Number 1, three measured teaspoons is plenty for a 3kg belly)

I think I mentioned India once before it is obviously not really doing much testing as I find the reported numbers totally unbelievable. Given it has a population of 1.5 billion people, The lack of health care and the population density. The density that they can pack into and onto Trains and buses is just staggering it makes the scene’s that we once saw in Japan when passengers were pushed into train carriages by special workers look tame.
What will the outcome be in a country with all those challenges in front of it. How will it effect the rest of the world trying to eradicate the virus with pockets of infection in third world countries?

I find it hard to believe that they are closing beaches and the like yet footballers play on even after several have tested positive ,I no doubt expect they would have strict guide lines to adhere to but still in all other countries are involved.

You should.
If you (or anyone) are in the demographic of vulnerable people and if you have somewhere you can go now, for the next couple of weeks (or perhaps 4), that takes you away from excessive close contact, do it now to reduce the risk of infection. Don’t fk around. The mortality rate climbs dramatically with age or for those with respiratory or other medical conditions.
As long as you have internet there, you can keep abreast of developments, you’re in your own controlled environment, can monitor the progress of what’s going on, and hopefully not become a statistic.

Right now, when you look at the number of new daily infections in Aus versus time, the pure numbers are still relatively low, but the curve is exponential. It suggests we’re about to have a large spread… well, rather, the spread has occurred, and we’ll start seeing it reflected in the numbers very soon.

One of the key factors for me was that once we started seeing person to person transmissions in the wild, it was an indicator that things were on a path to getting much worse here.

Another key thing to remember, is the lag.
What you see reported about numbers of detected infections today for example, those infections occurred say 7 to 14 days ago. There is the incubation period of the virus (5-7 days) and once someone exhibits symptoms, subsequent testing and results. Given that, it’s safe to assume that in 7 to 14 days, the numbers are going to look much worse.

If you have nothing holding you back, go have a holiday. I’m trying to convince some 70 - 90 yo’s I know to do the same, but they still have the wait and see and a somewhat blasé attitude even though they have a great holiday house they should go to. It would let them view the progression and make decisions while they’re in a safe zone.

Did you see the video of Mel Brooks inside his house with his son on the outside? That’s what you need to start thinking about, if you are in the vulnerable category.

https://twitter.com/maxbrooksauthor/status/1239624352305303552?

2 Likes

Underrated post vs Psychics.
No supposed Psychics saw the twin towers falling either.

Isn’t “hydroxychloroquine” ie “Plaquenil Sulfate” going to cure this little virus ? I herd…

Isn’t that the malaria treatment?

I’ll be down for that though, more gin and tonic sounds great.

Edit: Never mind, I thought that was quinine. It’s something different.

I was joking mate it was meant to be funny but yet again I missed my mark :pleading_face:

1 Like

I thought it was funny :slight_smile: Think @ZombieLord (while this is a serious matter) - needs to have some chamomile tea.

1 Like