The big fat COVID-19 thread.

I stopped in at a Woolies in the outer suburbs of Melbourne today there was no meat in the deli, No meat full stop all sections of every cold storage was empty, There was no sugar, Flour, eggs, cream There were no frozen foods like chips, dimsims, pies frozen vegetables the only frozen food I could get was some icecream and if your into those frozen meals Super foods. Of course there were no paper goods.

Yep. Imagine being a toilet paper manufacturer that has no orders for 12 months while everyone uses up the butt tickets they hoarded.

And the fuggin Woolies truck carrying all the meat to Darwin blew up its chiller compressor and lost the entire lot. So a few woolies stores have closed their butchers for a full week. Full time staff are retained on fulltime conditions but doing the work of casuals in different departments and getting the casual rates! Change is as good as a holiday?
My little shop is running low on TP. Hand sanitzer is non existent from all suppliers.

Yup even in smaller city NZ here the sanitizer is gone and the stocks of T.P are dwindling :smiley:

We are getting export quality meat at good prices though, Eye fillet $24!

3 Likes

Watching AFL, empty stadium. Soooo bazaar.

1 Like

Watching NRL no crowd also weird. You can hear the players

But its better than what the rest of the world is getting. No sports.

No motor racing, basketball, soccer, etc etc etc

2 Likes

I’ve been going stir crazy at home because the EPL stopped.

I never thought it would this hard to not watch soccer.

Bet you wish you had that 22LR reloading kit right about now.

2 Likes

When I first posted this thread many of you probably thought I was a bit strange…Social Isolation is the game of the day now, which is similar to bugging out but without the change in location. I’ll be on the road in a couple hours heading to the bugout to pre-stage some supplies and shoot some pigs.

1 Like

Hopefully the weather will be kind to you and the pigs plentiful.
Don’t forget to check in every now and then as if the SHTF really bad you may have visitors :wink: :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

Unless you have a freezer I would stagger shooting those pigs on an as need basis. I could do with some bacon havent been able to get any of that for a few weeks now.

According to the cuz last night there’s a lot of pigs up the back coming into the dams for water now there’re full. I’m back in Sydney Sunday night so wont bring any meat back this time. Freezers are like toilet paper, there’s none about in the shops to buy.

1 Like

Just went out for a quick shop, as suspected, at least in Melbourne, the wannabe prepping majority shops at supermarket. Tasman meats, stocked, got what we needed. Aldi stocked, got what we needed. Local grocer, stocked, got what we needed.

Alas, still bogroll deficit, but I am good on that front (for now).

No mate, this realisation came long before your post.

1 Like

8 Likes

Gold… it’s like the Mandela effect… seems like it has always been! :joy::joy::joy:

Who wants to be normal? Being a bit strange gives me cart blanche to do weird shit without explanation cause that’s what strange people do :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Which makes you the opposite and not weird, since you are explaining the not-explaining. Ay :wink: Well, that was anti-climactic.

This Corona virus is affecting everything there was a ‘’ Psychic show on but it was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances ‘’ :upside_down_face:

2 Likes