Show us your Shotguns

Had to read that twice, then loled Science!

Picked up this today, Greener, BP 12ga
Thanks to the Greener “dolls head” lock that after more than a century it still locks up as tight as a nuns proverbial and will definitely be getting used.
Will load Magtec brass shells with black powder.

5 Likes

Looks really nice a bit like my Bainard Farmers Shotgun only a lot nicer. Really waiting to hear about your BP loads. I would really like to make some up to put in my shottie to try them out. What length case does it take?

I’m not sure what its chambered for but I’ll be using magtec 2 1/2 inch shells, the proof marks put it in the 1875 - 1887 range, so 2 1/2in shells would be my guess. not sure on load yet, have to drag some books out n work that out tomorrow.
Will load it with BB’s same as I load in the .64 musket.

70gn 2f under 1¼oz of shot :wink:

1 Like

That’s actually really close to MH and Snider loads.

That also very close to what I shoot out of the .64 musket.
Thanks @Bigpete

Finally remembered to get photos of my two shotguns I got for cheap a few months ago.

First is a Webley and Scott and the second is a Baikal. Both 12 gauge, both likely to break your shoulder. Good fun.

I think I will restore the Webley one day. The wood is in good condition but dull and the bluing is stuffed.

2 Likes

Does the webley have an internal hammer?

No, has to be manually cocked. It is hard to see as it is sort of flush with the rear of the action. A bit hard to describe. I’ll get a clearer photo when I’m back in Ballarat.

2 Likes

I love coach guns but do not own one as yet. Love the external side hammers.
Keith.

An excellent find Nomis, well done. Love it.
Keith.

Nice one Bentaz, good find.
Keith.

Nice like the greener! Im looking at one atm!

My old shotty is nothing flash, but I do love him.

Walked into Kmart in 1981, put down a pineapple and walked out into the Saturday morning crowd with the Sportco, a box of OOs and change and nobody batted an eye.

I’m getting a bit pussfied in my dottage, didn’t like the price of store-bought recoil pads so I bought some $2 thongs and did some customisation.

5 Likes

Imagine the hoards of people being rushed to hospital with hurt feelings if you could do that these days.

Christ there wouldn’t be a dry seat in parliament house

I had one of those Webley n Scott’s! I walked to school with it, when we had school competitions, no joke! Try that nowadays…

Hi mate have you tried solid slugs in your greener? If so what mold etc??? Acurate?

Yeah mate.
I shoot Lee Keydrive 7/8oz and the lyman style 525gn giant sluggun pellets.

1 Like