Show us your Shotguns

Looks good, I can’t wait to get mine.

1 Like

No.1 Mk2. Star Lee Enfield musket, single shot.

2 Likes

Has it got a three inch chamber?

I’ve only got 2 1/2" shells, but I think so.

Great, just remember its not enough gun for polar bears.

It will be once I work up a slug load!

It’s not enough gun for bunnies either with 2 n a half inch No. 4’s…

I hate to say it but have you checked the pattern? Could be that its tight and you were not allowing for that. Nothing is enough if you are not hitting it.
The shot is delivered at much the same velocity as 12g just less of it - so its either a looser spread or a tight pattern.

To loose, i could see the shot pattern landing all around the bunny.
I wasn’t expecting much from it to be honest. I usually shoot rabbits with 2’s in the 12ga’s anyway.

The plan for this is to work up a load with a 2,3 Or 4 .407 cal balls, but I’m yet to order the mold or buy some 2205 for it either.
But in the meantime I just wanted to shoot it, I have a few boxes of factory sluus to try out too, probably on Sunday.

I’ve done 3x.375 balls in 2.5" shell’s…really good pattern.

2 Likes

Yeah cool.
My plan is to blow out some 303 cases to .410. Not needed but I think they will be cool cases to use with the LE.
Svarog make a .407 round ball mold.
Track of the wolf do a .412 over powder card.
AR2205
And then figure out how many balls I can load into them.
I’m thinking it could be an ok goat round at fairly close range.

@Bigpete what powder did you use?

Ar2205

1 Like

FU .410, this is how a real shotgun gets down!

4 Likes

And one more just for good measure…

1 Like

Good looking shotgun that!

1 Like

Hmph…done it with a 410…lol

Yeah but you’re a pimp, you hunt with home made bow n arrows and atl atls n stuff. I’m just a dopey c@#t chucking handfuls of lead in the general direction of furry things! :+1:

1 Like

Yeh, well if you cant use a rifle I guess u have no other option. Lol. Just kiding.

2 Likes

And you know I can’t, lol.
Speaking of which, I worked it the problem with the 303, the screws in the bridge mount had worked loose, needs to go back together with some loctite.