Show us your milsurp rifles

No, actually very nice.

That’s what all the other MASdebaters say, the French were onto something…rapid fire can be hectic though

More photos please, don;t get to see these in high res very often.

1 Like

Spanish M95…Artillery Carbine, coming my way!

6 Likes

It does look cool…

Which is code for I want one lol.

Nah, but I do like that look though.

1 Like

Yeah, there is something about full wood!
It’s going to be my dedicated 100m competition gun…my 3rd .308 lol

Haven’t you got one??? Best address that problem.

From milsurp point of view, I am only interested in the main bolt action rifles of WW2. I am a little fussy about the variant, but not too much. As long as it’s within the theme. I do make exceptions for the weird and wonderful, but generally speaking they need to be in that theme. Spanish M95 is a not. However, I’d like M1903 Springfield, that would be good (the only 30-06 I am prepared to own). That would get me REAL close and a Krag, I am not optimistic about that (that would close it off).

Out of theme, I’d like a Berthier carbine.

I would love to own a Madsen M47 one day, just for how quirky it is.

And then he remembered WW1 and suddenly needed 37 more rifles…

4 Likes

Mmmm doubt it.

What makes it quirky? Unless I am looking at something else…

I just find it weird that they designed and built the thing when it was clear that semis were the way forward. I think it’s the last general infantry bolt action rifle.

That’s what I thought, just looked like a bolt action rifle… But following this logic, what about FR8?

1 Like

I thought the FR8 were an adaption/factory refit of their other Mausers? I didn’t realise they actually made new ones as well.

Didn’t Spain have a semi coming at that time as well? The CETME rifle?

R8s are conversions, but does it matter? It’s still supersedes Madsen as “last” bolt action made. And it looks way cooler.

Hmm, that’s a good point, it does look nicer, and it’s a carbine as well.

Also comes in 308, which is clearly the superior round.

1 Like