Show us your milsurp rifles

Below are a few pics of my milsurp rifles

Type 99 Arisaka

M96/38

Carcano (not actually mine anymore)

show us some of your’s!

That’s right! It’s mine! All mine! One man’s trash is another man’s treasure :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some Mosin love…

Actual clips… Because I do go full retard.

…some ammo to go with it. Yes, that is a spam can of 440 units of communism right there.
45e053c934dc484c6f19326af5c8dd5b

I have no idea what that is, could be 91/30, could be M38. I am 80% it’s 91/30.
846fabd7a0222ba869f570923c21d0fd

91/30 and M38 side by side.

Austro-Hungarian Steyr Mannlicher M95 (straight-pull) carbine.

.329 bore diameter (8x56R), because men were tougher back then, 5.56NATO would have just bounced off.

Martini fucking Henry 577-450
Restored, quite literally a piece at a time.

Some 1936 (think it’s 1936) Carcano ammo. AKA - learning about gun safety and dealing with hang-fires (@GUN-DMC)

An actual Schmidt Rubin K11 carbine.
d4d8aa23d1436c44acb88bab828eb6b2

K31, being popular and all, is a little nicer to shoot, but Milsurp and engineering wise, K11 wins.

It’s ammo Tuesday. An original 577-450, rolled cartridge. Don’t think I’ll be shooting it though.

Why not? It looks mint, bet it would still work better than that carcano stuff!
I know what the deal was with that carcano stuff, wasn’t a hang fire, it was just the ammo trying to remember who’s side it was on!

1 Like

New piece, Swedish m/40 Anti-Tank rifle, rechambered back to 8x57 by Israel effectively returning the rifle to Swedish m/39 specs. Started out as a standard German K98k by 147 (J.P.Sauer & Sohn) in 1940 for the Swedish 1939 contract and converted to the Swedish MG 8x63 cartridge for the anti armour role. This rifle bears the Inspector initials of GB for Gustaf Bjorkenstam.

2 Likes

Sexy! Speaking off, I always find it amusing/ironic/interesting, how these guns make a circle, from Germans to Israelis. I know the history, I just find it mind boggling.

On that note, question: I have an Israeli 308 K98 (same story, as you may remember), always wondered, how does rechambering to something smaller works? Does it include a brand new barrel or something else, i.e. how does one make the chamber smaller?

1 Like

For the 7.62 conversion a new barrel was fitted. The same for the conversion from 8x63 back to 8x57. The unfortunate part of that is the later batch of Swedish contract rifles were converted at Husqvarna and had the Inspectors initials on the rear sight base, these, of course, were lost in re-barreling so we can’t tell how many others went to Israel. My feeling is that any 1940 147, 337 or 243 Israeli needs close examination and serial numbers recorded. There will be Israeli Mausers out there that the owners do not know are former Swedish anti-tank rifles, and think the GB or SS stamp on the left of the receiver are German or Israeli stamps. Any member here with an Israeli made by 147, 337 or 243 I would urge you to check your markings, you never know, you may have something a bit more interesting than you think!

Will need to check!

Latest acquisition.

Was a bit grotty, needed a good strip and clean.

A 1917 Carl Gustav M96 Swedish Mauser. The classic 6.5 x 55mm Swede.

All matching and great condition. Hopefully it’s a decent shooter.

Some really nice figure in the timber.

It’s younger sibling, My 1942 M38 Husqvarna.

Will probably put a few rounds through this Sunday. Going to the Military Rifle Club shoot.

Very nice. Wood looks pretty good actually, for a 100+yo.

Nice m/96, stock disk shows 6.50 Grade 1 bore so should shoot very well. Truth to tell I can’t see a difference between my Grade 3 and Grade 1 bore rifles, they both seem to shoot the same! Look forward to seeing it Sunday, Cheers.

I’m often dumbfounded by just how well most hundred year old guns have survived, certainly made things to last back in the day.

Especially the French rifles.

1 Like

Made it into the cave with my camera, and some peace and quiet. Proof of life :slight_smile:

IMG_0630

…and while at it, it got some oil and a rub down :slight_smile: I think she’ll need to come out for a play soon.

1 Like

Nice to see another No5, there is a small clique of No5 fanatics in the club. We use them for everything from snap & rapid to 500m deliberate. Have even seen them taken to St Arnaud for the 1000 yard iron sight shoot.