Show us your milsurp rifles

Hows the focus on the front sight? Is it very thick?

Nice! One of these is in my future. Have you fired it yet? Apparently they kick like a mule.

So its a pyramid front in a notch rear. The top or ‘point’ of the pyramid could be a bit sharper, I wonder if this is how they all are? The V notch at the rear is sharp.

Nope, theres SFA ammo and components in the country really. Need to know some people who know some people, kapisch? Lucky I know some people eh?
Brass is on its way from QLD, and .330 projectiles from the always helpful Mike at reloadinginternational.com

Dont think recoil will be too bad, on paper its less than a 30-06, but its subjective. No butt pad, extremely light…it will be fun for sure.
Cycling the action, its nothing like the K31 Swiss. It requires some no messin about elbow grease, but the clickety clack sounds are very much in the same…orchestra as the K31.

Is it 8mmx??? 52??

8x56R (.329, real 8mm, not girl’s "k98“ 8mm lol)

2 Likes

Haha yep! I like the 8x57 M98 though too!

Grab a carbine if you can… Recoil, with proper milsurp ammo is surprisingly mild. Not like mild mild. You are very well aware that you are throwing kitchen sink down range, but different, more jumpy than punchy.

1 Like

I like them all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Start looking for a spare extractor. That’s the first thing to go on them. Having a spare don’t hurt.

1 Like

Sounds a bit like a M44 Nagant Carbine…they kick, with a massive fireball at the muzzle to boot!

2 Likes

Looks good, bet you can’t wait to shoot it.

1 Like

You bet I can’t! Thankyou to

Juststarting

For his pointers and connections in the biz hehe :ok_hand:

(How do I encode a users name?)

Do you mean like @JizzFlinger

Ahh, thank you @1Fatman

1 Like

Shut up! Don’t judge me!

…it has a pointy pokey bit and everything.

6 Likes

You can now have a MASdebate

3 Likes

ha-ha

Bring yours along to the MRC one day, you can have a MASdebate with the other MAS36 shooters. .

Need to get dies for it first, then we are talking. I have a feeling I am going to love shooting it, because of the native peep sights.

1 Like

Looks nice. Is the bolt weird to run with the angle it’s set at?

1 Like