Show us your milsurp rifles

It is indeed 8x57. I’d be happy to pay for your services.

All good mate, I’ll load a few up.:+1:

2 Likes

Just picked this up.

5 Likes

Dry spell broken :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was just thinking that I was sure he said no more guns for awhile lol

But it’s a shotgun so it doesn’t count!

This is one of the guns I bought in QLD at Xmas time.

1 Like

Was cutting some patches today and had to test the size… And while at it, decided to do routine oil and all, and found this little guy that I completely forgot about…

FYI, this is part of @bentaz’s stranger danger checklist. If you don’t remember all guns you have, it’s a big tick, lol

Anyway, the price was right ($350 I believe) and I couldn’t let it go, Last ditch Mauser, that ended up an Israeli Mauser (308). I am guessing it was probably one of the first that was shipped, because it has Star of David and Parteiadler stamped into it. I am always fascinated with how you can read the history of a gun through various stamps.

What I got.

Furniture bubbed into oblivion and unfortunately the importer really fucked up with getting me a replacement Israeli Mauser furniture. Anyway, loooove the gun, hated the bubbed wood (still have it somewhere, just in case, for parts).

Not much bluing left, honest wear, decided to keep it as it, just gave it a new home :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Two new arrivals.

Carcano in really good condition. Excellent bore too. Took it out this morning and put 20 rounds of PPU factory ammo through it. Nothing great but it was in the ball park. Lovely light cartridge and a nice rifle to hold. I really like it.

This is the weirder one. A Siamese 91 Police Carbine. Made from a Type 38 Arisaka in 1948 to arm the Siamese federal police. Information is difficult to find but only a few thousand ever made.

4 Likes

That milsurp theme is growing really nicely @Nomis

Things happened…

Don’t judge me!

7 Likes

The blueing is usually worn off on those swede bayonet handles. May have been reblued, or a really nice find.

Neither, it’s the light.

Finally picked up the Type 53 the other day. The good was that the magazine floor plate and the buttplate are matching; the bad is that the muck and grime was partially hiding some flaws.

When I took it apart, it was not in great shape. There was a little bit of pitting here and there, and the stock had been cracked, and glued together in an amateur manner. I think I might try find another chu wood stock.

The rifling looks okay though, was dark to begin with, but after a clean, it’s nice and shiny now.

@Nomis, I copied your Turps bath idea. Got a bit of gunk out that way.

I also used what you mentioned about cleaning the stock, a bit of soapy water and steel wool got a lot of the dirt off - that stock was nearly black to begin with.

5 Likes

I love it, @Tempestman. Nice one, took you a while.

Haha yeah, I’ve had been putting off the cross town trip because of uni exams.

I can’t wait to organise some time on the winery though and shoot it, hopefully get a bit of rabbit hunting in at the same time.

Should have bought it to the MRC Xmas shoot today! Missed a good day!..you too @Supaduke

Your maturing…lol

Ah bummer, was busy with the family. Those speciality shoot days are usually really good.

1 Like

Yeah it was fun, not so much as years gone by, thanks to covaids. Shot a mates 50bmg that woke me up…No more Dooike…the titles are at Little River this year, and they are promising a full range of events!! Get keen mate!!