Show us your milsurp rifles

Oooooo I’d like that artillery carbine.

They both look really good.

Something a little different in the milsurp realm.

My 1905 production M96 Swedish Mauser. Excellent condition and got it for a good price. Found an original sling and bayonet at a show too.

1 Like

Nice to see another Swede join the throng, Is your bayonet Regiment marked? Cheers.

What will this mark look like? From memory, it did have a mark on it that I wasn’t sure about. I can have a look tonight.

Just on a technical point, your sling is upside down, the running loop should be at the top, and the quick release clip (tillageshake) attached to the short loop clips to the butt swivel. Is your muzzle threaded? Or just shiny? Cheers.

These are the markings on Swedish arms regarding Regiments, the top number or letter designates type of unit, normally on bayonets an “I” for Infantry, over the Regiment number, with the weapon number to the right.Swede%2096%20bayonet

There is an other form of marking used by coastal artillery which is 2 letters, one of which is a K followed by a set of numbers all in a line, not often seen. The makers marks are EJ- anchor-AB for a private contractor Eskilstuna Jernmanufactur AB, a single Crown for the State Arsenal Carl Gustafs Stads Gevarsfaktori, (always use an “f” for Gustaf" and less commonly EAB for private contractor Erik Anton Berg. Cheers.

Damnit, I looked around the internet and saw different ways so didn’t know which one was correct. Could not figure it out for the life of me.
Muzzle is threaded for the blank shredder thingy.
Thanks for the info on the bayonet stamp. I’ll have a look.

And photos…

Latest long term project, a Norwegian military rolling block by LH Hagen of Christiania (modern day Oslo) in 10.1x61R Jarmann. The lock is complete, bore is darkish but well defined rifling should shoot ok, block has been converted to centrefire at some point in the past. Need to freshen up the hammer spring, find, or adapt a fore stock. Should be fun.!

2 Likes

Indeed, it is so marked! Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Sorry about the lighting. It is 1 over I10 and No.78. makers mark is the single crown.

I call this my
“Rifles from countries with hot women and cold climates” collection.

Swiss
Top a K11 from I forget when, JS might remember, I bought it from him.
Bottom a 1955 K31. The DNA and evolution is obvious.

Swedish
Top an M96 Carl Gusta’V’ (thanks no.1) made in 1917, unmolested long rifle.
Bottom a 1942 Husqvarna M38.
Both sweet shooters. The M38 is a vast improvement. Lighter, handier and just as accurate.
Here’s to hot blondes and cold beer and accurate, neutral country firearms.

And I say Neutral with “air quotes”

1 Like

This is from the
“We may be related , but that doesn’t mean I like you” collection.

A 1942 Sako M39, refurbished post war.(anywhere between late 40’ right up to 60’s and 70’s)
A 1942 Izzy 91/30, The moist nugget, the garbage rod etc. Actually cycles very smoothly and quite a good shooter.
The m39 is a laser and worthy of its praise as the premium rifle in the Mosin Action family.

2 Likes

I have a feeling that the empty place in my heart is ment to be filled with a mosin of some description, I think I should rectify that!

You should. Not nearly as rubbish as legend would have it. Sure they are a bit ugly, but mine shoots and cycles really nicely. Certainly would not like to be on the wrong end of a platoon of drunk and angry Russians holding 91/30’s.
Add the bayonet and they are damn near 6ft tall.

You are feeling the emptiness because you need one. M38 to be exact. :smiley:

Could be, which one is that? I know I’m a dirty heathen :thinking: