Show us your guns.

So mate I have paid off all my new guns, what do you want for that Stevens goose gun?

1 Like

Not many but they do the trick…

2 Likes

Alright, so a couple of new toys…

#1 Rossi Coach
I have been complaining about not being able to find one, in appropriate condition and price point for a while. @GUN-DMC will probably be relieved now, that he doesn’t have to listen to my whinging on the topic.

Exactly what I wanted, a side-by-side 20" hammer coach shotty.

Now I have a badass, dedicated slug gun :slight_smile: Don’t think less of me, but I will be putting a recoil pad on it (sleeve).

:blush: and a Ruger American compact (1 - 4 scope added later). Always wanted one, couldn’t resist when it came up on Usedguns, locally…

IMG_20180827_095528~2

Sighted it in, for practical accuracy so to speak, still need to tune… I quite like it, everything I expected it to be. I like my BL-22 a lot more, but that’s not something I’d be willing to destroy in the bush. This seems like an absolutely perfect combo of everything. Compact, rugged, lite, quite reliable, put 100 rounds through it - it shot them, yay. LOL

Seriously, I hate .22s.

1 Like

Looks good. I’ve toyed with getting a nice side by side. Will see if I can remember where I got my butt pad for my lever shotty. Has a little bit of padding and looks better than the rubber slip on ones.

1 Like

Found it. Ricochet Roy’s old west. I bought from his ebay shop but looks like he’s got a website now too. https://rroldwest.com

Yeah, nah, the cheapest pad is like half the price of the gun. Look very nice, but not for this girl.

Ouch didn’t notice that. Prices have gone up since I bought mine a few years back.

I’ve put one on mine, It does kick for a SXS.

Its a small rifle slip on from memory.

1 Like

It is an oldie that was given to me by my ex-brother in in law, it was given to him by his father. It came with all the original handloading gear as well as casting gear. Also got several boxes of ammo, the old ones that were all cardboard lol. It is a low 4 didget serial number. Shoots pretty good (not that I use it often) and at some stage they wrecked it by putting a scope on it.

![20180825_194827|375x500](u

2 Likes

Very cool mate

1 Like

@1Fatman I have a little Remington 22 pump like that, or at least I will once I get it transferred. The 32-20 is one of those little rounds that’s intrigued me for a while now, I’d like it in a Stevens favorite but I’ve not managed to snag one yet.

It’s a good little cartridge that can surprise you at times. Very accurate and deadly on rabbits. Once I get some spare time (hopefully end of the year) I will strip it down and do her up.

1 Like

The Stevens Favourite was never available in .32-20. They were rimfires only. ( .22S,L and LR, .25RF and .32RF) Stevens actually developed the .22 Long Rifle cartridge.
The model 44’s and the improved, stronger 44&1/2 were the centrefire actions. ( Although also available in rimfire chamberings) A bigger, heavier action.

1 Like

Thanks mate, I love learning stuff.
I guess I want a 44 1/2 then now.

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Show us your 22s

My thumpatron.

44MAG, Marlin 1894 - one of my favourite guns.

1 Like

So no new posts in 7 months but I know some members have brought some new lovelies, time to share…

Yeah, I know, c’mon people. Show-and-tell!

I’ve been really slack in the gun buying area, only have my 243 to show.