Show us your 22s

I want to buy a Rossi, like a gallery pumpy… But I just can’t bring myself to buying a Rossi. :confused:

But you have a couple of 1906’s? Nearly the same as a Rossi gallery gun (which are copies of the 62A).
Rossi’s are not that bad as you would know with your Overland. But nothing modern is going to be as good as an old production Winchester.

@Wombat Rossi Overland is just a badass shotgun. My life would be missing something without it :slight_smile:
…you’re correct on both counts. Just wanted it for the collection, but every time I look at it I think, meh, have '06.

For a collection keep an eye out for the best 62A available.Then get a really nice 1890 and 62 to have a set There was a NOS 62A a while ago.No point in getting a copy that while OK is not the real deal when you can get the original relatively easy and cheap in Australia.
I agree regarding the Overland, it just has a certain something that makes it greater than the sum of its parts.

Here we are again…

Remington 12, late 1920’s somewhere in the 650000 - 700000 serial range with retainer screws on main forend grip screws. I suspect with a later vintage Remington peep sight, I suspect. I quite like the look.

I am fairly certain, the sights are Remington, possibly 1940’s or '30s. Maybe? If someone can pin point the exact model and what not, it’d be appreciated.

Rounding off the ‘common’ pumpies. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m happy for him to be wrong.

1 Like

Realised that I never shared photos of my 22s.

Top is a Ruger American - dime a dozen, I see them everywhere. I think there’s many of us here that have one.

Bottom is a Lithgow Model 1, which the factory produced after WW2.

I originally bought it for giggles, because it was $50, but it’s actually been pretty useful for teaching new shooters. I’ve introduced a couple of people to shooting with it before the whole lockdown thing started.

It’s a nice basic single shot, that you need to manually cock, so it’s been great for explaining how guns work.

4 Likes

So after a bit of research, I’m somewhat convinced that this:

…is a rebarreled Winchester 1890, rather than a 1906. Neat.

3 Likes

Do the serial numbers on the two halves match?

Receiver and bottom tang matches (part of trigger guard). Barrel is not serialised and lacks typical Winchester barrel stamps.

Sounds like you are right. https://gun-data.com/winchester_Model_1890.htm.
Out of interest have you tried shorts or longs in it?
My 1906 and 62 will feed all happily, apparently 1890’s are length specific, unless its had some parts swapped.

That’s my understanding too. My barrel does long, short and LR, but wood is 1890. That’s how I arrived to rebarreled 1890.

“Revolutionary single shot automatic” wtf, did they get GCA to write the manual?

Well they need to get creative. Better than
“It has a trigger and it goes bang when you pull it”.

1 Like

I’m just waiting for Clayton to ring me so I can collect my newest .22.

2 Likes

I might have something to share once I get a bit of cleaning done…

Don’t tell me you found one that you had forgotten about buried at the back of the safe? :wink:

I do that every time I open a safe, lol.
More to do with my brain than all the guns but lol

3 Likes

I don’t have that many guns. I just realised I don’t talk much about the ones I do have.

1 Like

We just figured you were a gun groupie and liked to hang out with awesome gun guys. Ha. So where is that mythical 22?