Show us your 22s

Ooo a Remington rolling block… Noice, very noice, Kimmoy, but where’s the rest of it?

That’s the interesting bit :stuck_out_tongue:

Got lazy and forgot to put mine up.
CZ455 tactical.

5 Likes

My latest addition, bergara b14r carbon.

8 Likes

Here she is :slight_smile: Mmmmm.

8 Likes

Nothing too interesting. My Savage A22R.
I wanted a repeater purely for fun plinking.
No iron sights, put about 250 rounds through it while trying to sight in the red dot. I gave up :smile:
Couldn’t see where it was hitting without any magnification, kept having to pull the target back and forth. Was grouping well however.

Just picked it up from the gunsmith today after some trigger lightening…from around 5lbs to 2.5lbs.
Requested he try to lighten the lever release but he reckons the leverage just isn’t there, too short a throw to do much other than polish it a bit.
He zeroed the red dot (Chinese cheapo) but I got a scope (cheapo again, do you see a pattern forming? :joy:) that I’ll probably swap it out for.

Pretty happy with it, especially for the price. Fun and looks okay, I reckon. I haven’t quite mastered the lever release to be able to shoot at the speeds I was expecting to though.
And I’d probably get the stainless version if I could have a do over, the Qld humidity is a b*tch. Gotta get some dehumidifiers for the safe.

Anyway, I’m off to the range again tomorrow to test the red dot, probably put the scope on and sight that, and try out some of the ceebeez and CCI CB longs I bought to compare to the CCI SV I’ve been using and to see how much quieter they are.

Almost forgot, I removed the plastic trigger shroud? shoe? which I think feels better:

4 Likes

I’d say takes a bit of use, not even ‘practice’, just use it to find its rhythm. Most definitely possible.

1 Like

Good to know, I reckon if the release lever could be swapped with something a bit flatter, longer and maybe slightly curved (hahaha) it’d be a lot better.
Not sure if it’s integral to the action.:thinking:
Might have to check the diagram.

The lever is actually tapped. You can make your own, I think, pretty easily. Search here, there’s a thread dedicated to A22R with heaps of info.

Thanks @juststarting :+1:

Nothing wrong with cheap gear on a plinking firearm, lets you buy more ammo with the money that you save.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with cheap gear on any firearm, as long as it works.

2 Likes

Took the Savage to the range today for over 2 hours, took the red dot off and put on the $60 scope. Went through about 200 rounds, front rest a pile of books/magazines and back rest was some rolled up rubbish bags :smiley:
Was feeling mighty pleased by the groupings on the A22R and the RO reckons they were pretty good too (I’ll take pics next time).
Old mate at the range was pretty impressed by the clarity of the cheap scope - it’s a Trophy series 3-9x40.
All in all quality time spent and stress levels somewhat reduced.

6 Likes

And that right there is the only bit that really matters :+1:

2 Likes

Some new arrivals today

Winchester 1906 pump and a Savage model 74 single shot

A Lithgow 12 with original Aussie scope.

And a Cooey model 78 Military trainer (maybe a 75)

I was originally after just the Savage. Visited the dealer for a look, went rummaging, good prices offered, things escalated, ended up with 4 instead of 1 …

7 Likes

All of a sudden I want a trainer. Damn sexy rifles.

The fatty forend looks cool.
He had a Cooey full wood 82, bit a bit out of my bargain bin price range.
If anyone in Vic is looking for some cheap and cheerful projects, hit me up for a contact.

They are sick!
I love the scope on the Lithgow.

2 Likes

The savage is my first project. The metalwork is Mickey mouse, the stock has been very poorly refinished. Bits of old varnish everywhere and a weird pinkish hue.

Going to clean it up, restain and refinish to a much better standard.

1 Like

Well… I too have been doing a little shopping while in home detention and I finally had a chance to pick some thing up :slight_smile: I am still waiting on a few. :sunglasses:

Most are home, a few old clunkers I wanted to tick off the list, but some worthy mentions below.

Rounding off old Winchesters

Added 61 an earlier (pre-war) series 62

3 Likes