Show us your 22s

My two Krico rifles. Don’t know exact years or models. Both have excellent bores. The non-scoped one is much more basic and in generally rougher condition. Need to get the steel wool onto it to get rid of the rust and the reblue it.

2 Likes

Maybe try the steel wool with kero before you commit to a reblue. You might be surprised how much of the original bluing is still there.
You can always strip more, stripping less is not possible…

2 Likes

Henry :smiley:

Just couldn’t bring myself to trusting Remington. And don’t have the time right now to search for the Remington of the right era.

1 Like

Shit. Yes.

Damn, it is pretty.

It’s pretty neat. Pretty much the only modern pump action. But I had a good look and it’s 99.5% clone of Erma (West Germany) from late 60s/early 70s if I recall correctly. I’ll do some side by side when I clean that one up.

A very nice looking rifle, a real classic looking rifle, love it.

Very nice. Fun plinker.

So here I am, working from home, getting shit done and it’s lunch time… Time to go get some dog food (and drop by a fun shop for some 22LR science with Ruger for later).

Anyhooooowwww… There it was, alone, in the unventured corner of the store, on the bottom shelf amongst other random parts, sad and unloved, where nobody knows your name :stuck_out_tongue: Except for me! I knew! Ooohhh I knew!

$50 - boom (15 rounder unobtanium)!

(also got some more things for other ‘sciencing’, stay tuned)

1 Like

Pretty sure Cleavers offer a 15 end mag for the Ruger Rimfires.

For $50, that looks like an absolute steal. Full working order?

Hehehe, different rifle mate, that’s no longer made. Yep, works pretty well, eyeballing, haven’t used it, but looks good.

Meh unobtainium my arse. I saw two for sale the other day at

(see PM).

Not for $50 though :stuck_out_tongue: one in a box though, mmmm

So it is 16! I popped 16 in there and thought, hrmmm, that’s odd, must be 15.

Sunnuvabeech!
Good score :+1::beers:

1 Like

Now I want one or two, gaddammit!

There’s some business that make replacements/copies but it’s not the same.

My grandpas, my dads and mine.

I want to buy a Rossi, like a gallery pumpy… But I just can’t bring myself to buying a Rossi. :confused:

But you have a couple of 1906’s? Nearly the same as a Rossi gallery gun (which are copies of the 62A).
Rossi’s are not that bad as you would know with your Overland. But nothing modern is going to be as good as an old production Winchester.

@Wombat Rossi Overland is just a badass shotgun. My life would be missing something without it :slight_smile:
…you’re correct on both counts. Just wanted it for the collection, but every time I look at it I think, meh, have '06.

For a collection keep an eye out for the best 62A available.Then get a really nice 1890 and 62 to have a set There was a NOS 62A a while ago.No point in getting a copy that while OK is not the real deal when you can get the original relatively easy and cheap in Australia.
I agree regarding the Overland, it just has a certain something that makes it greater than the sum of its parts.