Say hello and introduce yourself :)

Now when I read “cuddling by an open fire” all I could picture was a bloke giving his missus a hug at the gun range while everyone was firing their guns

3 Likes

Welcome @drc87

1 Like

Hi all

I see a few names I recognise here so first things first.

To anyone who remembers this user name less than fondly, I can only offer an apology and the assurance that this is a new and completely sober species of gaznazdiak, one with a reacquired ability to keep it’s droppings in it’s own corner of the zoo and not throw them, unsolicited, at other residents.
Unless requested.
I’ve had stranger requests.

I was given my first gun, Winchester 04 .22, at 13 and still have him.

I have a Sportco Model 80 12g I bought in Kmart for $40. Gave the lady at the sports counter $50 and she gave me the shotty and a box of SGs, all done in 15 min…

BSA Super Meteor .177 (Kmart again)

I also have a Howa 1500 .223 24" fluted varmint.

My latest is a new Walnut LA101 .22 and I’ve collected 2kg of empties testing ammo, developing range notes and doing some terminal ballistics tests with subsonics, the results of which changed my ill informed previous assumptions.

I have also started making knives, nothing artistic or particularly fancy, just strong, scary sharp tools made with recycled materials.

I’m hoping to join the local small bore club and compete with the Lithgow, the results using Center X were very reassuring.

2 Likes

Gday again mate.
Welcome back, and welcome back to the world of the well behaved. Lol.
The old sportco mod 81 is a ripper mate, i miss mine :cry:

It depends if it’s warranted…

Kind of recognize the name did you morph into some other usernames as well?
Anyway welcome aboard and be Kind as they say in schools these days. :grinning:

Thanks guys.
@sungazer no, only ever used this one, it would feel less than honest to hide behind a name change.

1 Like

G’day mate.

Did you happen to use a camel head as your avitar?

Guilty

I don’t recognise your handle but I hope I didn’t give you an undeserved tuneup at some time, I tended to preach at people when I was “shiny” and having literally gallons of twice distilled moonshine on hand, that was most of the time.

1 Like

No not at all mate. Never had an issue. :beer::beer:

:+1: :beers:

Hi all,
Yes new here and learned my lesson quickly when trying to make an honest sale.
Anyhow i will now keep item for load development.

From SA all my life riding and racing dirt bikes (hence the name) but after too many crashes and operations i had to turn my frustrations towards another hobby.

Which led me to GUNS. Rifles only. I quickly got sick of looking for places to shoot so ended up buying my own small acreage and have just finished putting in a 500m long strip with gongs at every 100 (its a bit like a range).

well that’ll do for starters.
Cheers, Cumagutsa

4 Likes

Welcome aboard mate. Don’t know what the rules are in S.A, but here in NSW, you can’t build your own range without relative approvals.
However, so long as you don’t build permanent structures/fixtures, you are allowed to “practice” on your own land. My swingers and targets are all portable, so not permanent. 500m is a good start, I can go out to 1000. :grin:

3 Likes

@bjholland welcome to the forum mate, tell us a bit about yourself? Comps, hunting, all of the above? :slight_smile:

Hi Everyone,

New here but been shooting for a few years, just standard comps at St Marys.

have been getting back into it since the Plague has ended, will be hopefully buying some new guns soon.

3 Likes

@bjholland , Welcome aboard mate.Tell us all a bit about yourself.

just a western Sydney guy that likes a shoot every now and then.

2 Likes

If anyone wants to sell a Ruger MKIV or S&W Victory contact me.

If there is one thing this world needs, Australia in particular, it’s more firearms in the right hands !

1 Like

Hello all,
I am interested in lots of things about firearms, shooting and hunting, and enjoy learning. I am happy to share my opinion and equally happy to hear the opinion of others – I’m looking forward to learning from you guys.

Thanks
ChairborneWarrior

1 Like