Russia and Ukraine

Seems either Putin has sent in his cannon fodders just to fluff things up on the front line and chip away at it all or the world seriously over estimated the Russian forces. Logistically it seems like an absolute shit show, i go through moments of following the war really closesly to tuning out for a few days, it still seems that they also don’t have air superiority yet. I read theres now 20,000 something foreign fighters including some Australians on the front lines, pretty wild, lots trying to make it some weird kinda of fucked up tourist war.

It also seems that they’re playing it dirty now, whatever the case no ones really going to win i don’t think. I’m pretty damn impressed by the Ukranians, given what they had to work with in beginning i really thought they would just get steam rolled, but a month in and they’re still at it

As Russia’s invasion against Ukraine rages on, many civilians have increased their war effort.

In Zaporizhzhia, women are seen making steel vests for Ukrainian soldiers using scrap metals from cars.
workshop

workshop1

Sorry guys I was still editing

I agree the vests should go to demo ranch for testing car floor pans are really soft.

Not sure which scrap metal from a car I would want as armor…

Ummm, like “scrap metal from cars” is going to stop a round…?

The spalling from an uncoated plate would be horrible if its hard enough to stop the initial force of the projectile, but hey i guess you gotta do what you gotta do. I was under the impression the west was absolutely dumping all sorts of supplies off through poland, vests included, they must be going through them as fast as they’re getting and making them

That plate looks a lot thicker than anything ive seen a car made from, not that itll do shit unless its hardened anyway.

Even if it was 6mm mild steel a 308 will sail through it as would a 223 / 5.56

Most body armour is to prevent shrapnel wounds as opposed to direct projectile hits.

I don’t think that’s accurate, it was the case with flak jackets during Korean and Vietnamese wars, but modern stuff is there to stop direct hits I believe.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Cheers mate, I stand corrected. Admittedly I have been out of the Army now for 15 years so it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that things have changed.

SAPI plates are good to go for direct hits up to 7.62mm and are currently made of ceramic

Yep. SA cops are running new vests. Standard infill is stab proof and will stop common handgun rounds. If they are going into a high risk armed confrontation they can quickly swap the infill for ceramic plates to protect against centrefire rifle rounds.

Yay, our stronk leader sending $70M worth of ammo to Ukraine. Talk about pissing in the wind. Do sanctions ScoMo. They’re jiat as effective and cost less.

Ukraine finally did it and struck back at a target on Russian soil. I wonder how they feel now that one of there fuel dumps is on fire?

https://t.me/c/1777491812/4570

Could be first, could be second. An ammo/artillery resupply cache went up a day or two ago near there too.

Apparently we’re now going to give them some bushies

On a slow boat.
I wonder if zelinski will be checking the letterbox every day with his fingers crossed like hes order some shit from ebay from china?

Fucking sanctions!

It has been widely reported that Russia had a army of some 900,000 men. Also that about 150,000 have been deployed to Ukraine. Now the news is reporting that Russia is forcible conscripting people that were previously exempt even childhood disability affected people.

We know they have sent reinforcements from Syria and Chechina so where are all the other regular soldiers?

The GUR reported that DNR/LNR authorities are enabling traffic inspectors to issue on-the-spot conscription notices and are establishing checkpoints on key highways. DNR and Russian military police are additionally reportedly destroying documents granting exemptions — such as medical records or work certificates — to forcibly conscript people.