Russia and Ukraine

I think the end is in sight. I think this war has turned a corner. Its time for Zelensky to bend the knee and stop any more unnecessary deaths.

1 Like

Have to disagree with you there Jizz.

This is 1936-8 revisited.

It’s well accepted that when Adolf went into the Rhineland with only 3,000 troops against something like 50 French divisions, it was a balls on the outside of the trousers move that only paid off because everyone else was shitting bricks at the thought of another war.

His own words confirm it:

““Adolph’s famous comments on the period: “If France had then marched into the Rhineland, we would have had to withdraw with our tails between our legs, for the military resources at our disposal would have been wholly inadequate for even a moderate resistance.” (6)
It was this leniency which gave Adolph the confidence to plan increasingly aggressive actions, and it showed him that Europe was too sensitive about the prospect of another war that they were unlikely to move directly against him. Such a chain of events are what would unfortunately lead the continent - and the rest of the world - into another World War.””

I changed the qoute to the 1st name as the surname is taboo.

Sometimes you have to cut off a toe to save having to lose a leg.

I tend to disagree but for a completely different reason.

I thought that it may come to a quick end when the Russians decided to regroup and use the old tactics of forming a front line and attacking in a coordinated fashion. That type of advance IMO is much better suited to their capabilities and strengths. However they have not progressed as fast as I thought they would and have been stalled very effectivley by the Ukrainians.

I think they will again stall trying to cross the river and with the new weapons they are being supplied with will be able to strike back behind the front into the supplies and reserve troops in the rear, as well as fight them on the front. This will cause the Ruskys a great deal of pain. I can see the war lasting until the end of the year. By then the Orcs will have either given up or walked in over the country.

I was reading a piece by Gen. Mick Ryan recently, that agrees with the British military intel people, that this is showing signs of degeneration into fixed attritional warfare that could last for a decade or more.

That’s if Tzar Vladimir the Great(in waiting) doesn’t lose his shit, he is just the psychological type to burn the house down if denied his way.

The parallels between him and the moustache are amazing, I can’t remember where I read the article but it went from the obvious that they’re both fascists to the psychological ploys like hiding his sqeeze girls to give the impression of the strong, infallible leader, undistracted by base desires.

Then the obvious lebensraum grab he’s up to at present.

The war will continue as I long as those on capitol Hill want to keep their mates happy using tax payers dollars sending the tools of war to Ukraine. It’s seems to be the only reason they give a shit this time round. The yanks didn’t do much when crimea was taken but at that point they were using the weapons themselves in the GWoT.

It’s a perfect setup, no dead yanks and ratheon, ge and lockheed all get the cash promised from the DC swamp.

My thoughts are Russia will get there in the end but the supply of the weapons to Ukraine is just getting more dead before that happens.

1 Like

Typical of the cuff response, just swap Ukraine for country X and it’s almost generic when US gets involved. Alas, no, not that simple this time I think.

How about you bend the knee and move to WA… Hey, things are going that way anyway, you’re going to lose your guns sooner or later. Just bend the knee… After you bend one, bending the second one is a lot easier, then open wide.

Very unlikely - for you and Zelensky .

Those two cultures are no longer compatible and never will be again. As long as they are occupied, there will be assassinations, shelling, shootings, drone raids and train derailments, guerrilla warfare(AKA partisans) is in their blood; and in the West a very deep seeded hatred to Russians (yes, blah, blah, blah, Azov, blah - understand, they didn’t like Nazis, they hated Russians more).

The world cannot afford to lose. Crimea was fast and reaction wasn’t fast enough. This time, they were ready. It may end with some annexation, but everyone also thought that it will end in 12 hours… Then 24, then a week…

The result of Ukraine losing is catastrophic to the world. Russia will have defeated the world! They will dictate the terms on food supplies, natural resources, gas and oil, as well as some pretty serious IT developments - that’s not palatable to anyone. So yeah… Bending the knee is a very short sighted vision.

2 Likes

This was happening before Russia technically started the invasion. It wasn’t all roses before Russia crossed the border.

Yes and no.

Before 2014 it was business as usual. Western part never liked them, but there’s a difference between not liking and ‘ambush as a sport’…

Cure for constipation:

They sure have refined commercial drone use from when the AQ crew were using them.

AQ crew?

Hello my friend !

Uhhhhh yes ok

[laughs in Goebbels}

Ukraine put up a good fight. Now its time to come to the realisation that the best way forward is to split Ukraine and give Russia its buffer zone and go on and survive and live in West Ukraine.
Zelensky is a puppet, Ukraine is drained of men and blood, and that comic puppet will happily send women and kids to their graves.

This is pure cope, but it’s understandable.

1 Like

Ohhhh Jizz, this invasion ONLY happened because
he was allowed to get away with annexing Crimea and sending the “Little Green Men” into Donbass to stir up the separatists.

Then MH-17, lots of noise, no action.

Every time this sort of malignantly narcissistic megalomaniac gets this sort of win it boosts his sense of infallibility and untouchability and enourages more of the same behaviour.

If we appease him on this, as you wish, what’s next?

Moldova.

They already have Russian troops in the Transnistria region stirring the same shit as they did in Donbass.

Then Romania

Then perhaps even going into Poland to rejoin his troops in Kaliningrad to the growing empire.

How much of Europe do you think he should be allowed to destroy before it would be worth our intervention?

I don’t ask this facetiously, I’m genuinely interested.

“Our” intervention? I assume you mean the west that doesn’t include shithole countries like the ones currently emaciating each other. “We” won’t be intervening. Virtue signalling of the highest order is all you’ll get and it will appease you and the those who listen to the talking heads, you will tell each other and yourselves that the measure was right. You’ll wring hands and say we did what we could. You’ll cry and forever hate everything Russian and stop drinking Smirnoff ICE’s.
Our nations masters will keep sending IFV’s and such for the Russian’s to do target practice with, missiles for Azov to throw at anything that moves including their own soldiers and civillians and it is all for nothing. If the West gave two shits about Ukraine they would have foreign boots on the ground and in the air and at sea. Instead they sent in the 69th Reddit Infantry (lol) with the blessings of their home nations (lmfao!) which really is amazing considering how easy it is for five eyes nations and superpowers in general to delete vatnik artillery armor and personnel. Problem is, these nations also love the cheap gas that warms european homes, never ending supply of underage white girls and other slaves that eminate from Russia and Ukraine.

1 Like

tl;dr:

The west either cares or it doesn’t. By it’s actions it does not. By it’s words it’s heartbroken and vengeful.

1 Like

Uh, I see you’ve served as well. Relax fella, the war is over. You can put that keyboard down now.

1 Like

Fair enough Jizz, only you can call it the way you see it mate, same as the rest of us.

Couple of points though, on the Western response.

China has stated they will take Taiwan by force “if they have to”, meaning as soon as they have the capacity to do so and is carrying out the biggest military build up of anyone since WW2.

The only thing stopping them so far is US presence.
If that presence is diminished beyond a certain point by repositioning strategic assets like carrier groups and rapid response forces, the balance changes to China’s favour.

As to boots on the ground, absolutely agree with you, but they should be European and they should have been there before this particlar boatload of shit hit the fan while Putin was trailing his coat up and down the border.
Now, it would be a legitimate excuse for escalating.

The Ukrainians have proven themselves superior to the Rusdians in everything but scale when they were given the materiel and the opportunity.
The collective “we” need to balance providing that materiel without drawing down our own strategic stockpiles, something else that would tip the scales to China for a move on Taiwan.

Mate, burrying our heads in the sand and hoping it all blows over ain’t gunna cut it.
That just invites getting interfered with while you’re not paying attention.

That last paragraph was purely my opinion.

My Mum told me when I was a mouthy teen that opinions are like arseholes, because everyone in the world has their own and just like arseholes, unless they expressly ask, most people are as keen to hear about my opinion as they are to hear about my arsehole.

PS
I still don’t air my arsehole in public quite as much as my opinion :grin:

1 Like