Fox Hunting Stories & Tips Thread

Nice one @Oldbloke. Nothing wrong with making sure you’ve got enough grunt

No such thing lol…Better to have and not need, than to need and not have… besides with the 06 you know he died quickly , no matter where you hit him lol

Well normally use 223. Since us i ng 223 and a couple of times 3006 and shooting stix not 1 fox has twitched after being shot. Love whistli g foxes, but i ambushed this one near a dam.

@Oldbloke Might still be some foxes there, that hare was gone this morning!

Mmmm i spotted a fox cup there about a week ago.

Ill ambush the bugger in a few weeks.

@juststarting can i borrow that 45,70. Might need it for that fox pup in a few weeks. :sunglasses:

Nope.

1 Like

Bugger
Ill just have to use my 130/243/30-06 Super Magnum then.

Bigpete’s still got his 458 winmag for sale

Not sure my shoulder would take that. Got heaps more power than a wishy washy 45-70. :cowboy_hat_face:

Say, have you gentleman ever seen an albino fox? Or, how many have you seen over how many years? My Dad was telling me a story about one he saw in his home town of Clunes VIC and missed it back in the 60s.

Saw a all grey one once. Must be 40 yrs ago

1 Like

My brother said he saw one about 35-40 years ago near Strangways. Only 30 odd klm away from Clunes in a straight line. At the time we all said it must have been a large domestic cat or dog.

1 Like

Rare as rocking horse sheet

May not be Albinos - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leucism
apparently occurs in Red Foxes.

I used a slightly more conventional calibre for this one…

4 Likes

The local fauna thank you

1 Like

Had a play with my cousins new Dickinson stp on Saturday. 2 minutes and this guy came up to about 10 metres away with the silva . The eley AAA sorted him out pretty well . And the gun was surprisingly smooth i thought

2 Likes