Fox Hunting Stories & Tips Thread

Very very nice and Im very very happy for you! The furtherest north Ive ever seen a fox is just south of Marla Bore and he looked really out of place the poor bugger. Ive seen bunnies as far north as Alice Springs.
Good shot!!!

Thanks bud. Makes 26 so far for this year. 14 off this one 60 acre property. Surrounding properties are plastered with land for wildlife signs. So its a bit of a honey hole

Just waiting for it to get dark and then going for another night walk. Sheep have lambed so should get a few foxes that are hanging around.

3 Likes

Healthy breeding pair. I thought i heard a duck being eaten but could have been these two fucking around.

3 Likes

I failed and the fox won. Yesterday afternoon I was inside as it was a shitty day and cold as. Just as I walked by the front window I saw a flash of fox run to the middle of my front yard and grab a chicken and make off in great haste. I gave chase as fast as I could but fences slowed me down. No gun in hand no time for that. We my wife has rescued chickens from the foxes mouth literally before, so I knew it was possible but time was important. I chased him across the neighbors property and down to a creek in the next property where I thought he may take refuge sure enough I caught a quick glimpse of him again still carrying my chicken. Unfortunately from there he disappeared into thin air. I didnt find any feathers so she hadnt been ripped apart yet but was probably dead after a few bites in the neck. Fox 1, me none.

Not sure of a good plan to try and even the score. probably not hungry for a few days.

Yeah, look, I am not an expert and a so so hunter, but I suspect that you may have gone wrong at the part where you said you tried to catch it by running. Not 100%, but I suspect that could be an issue that needs to be troubleshot so to speak.

1 Like