Fox Hunting Stories & Tips Thread

Having listened to a few of these calls I think that the Firefox was not quite as loud and not quite as high-pitched as a traditional Tenterfield.
The ghost runner sounds to me like a copy of the US cottontail.

The calypse and the sly fox both sounded interesting and might be worth a try if you could buy one or duplicate the sounds.

Once a fix spots in my experience you are fre less likely to get a shot.

I’ve been hammering the locals lately… Here’s a few

1 Like

Here is one I got. Not a great display of marksmanship but it did the job.

2 Likes

A dead fox is a good fox. What was the caliber?

With a bit of luck ill get out next week.

At least now I know what the F in John F Kennedy stands for, lol

1 Like

Mmmmmm, welll im not into that military stuff. (it did look familiar) But i guess a 6.5*52 would do the job. Was the fox in an open topped limo by any chance?

1 Like

Looks like a Carcano, so 6.5×52mm

Eh should have refreshed…

Yup you are correct its a carcano 6.5x52 . It certianly flattened him

Did you whistle him in?

No not that one. I just about stood on it. Was walking back to the car and should have been paying more attention. He ran out from about 5 metres in front of me, stopped and looked back , aim-fire…click! …it was a dud! The click and cycling of the action got his attention and he wandered away a bit about 20 metres and stood side on , by this time I had things sorted and it wasnt a dud the second time! Had to aim quite low. Hit him where the rear site is roughly.

1 Like

I had one like that not long ago, only the first shot went straight over his back, the rifle being sighted in to 150m and not 15, luckily did the same thing and seemed to stunned (probably at what a crap shot I am) to run far and sat there at 25m.

1 Like

Been a while. Finally got out for a couple of hours.

4 Likes

I still can’t shake the mental pic of you driving down the highway with a cow on the roof of your little buzz box!

But good work on the fox mate too

Yeh, about 90 yards. Bang flop. Titties were drying up. So a few pups about.
Im convinced my Marlin is my lucky rifle. Shoot most with it.

Another Marlin, but this was the 30.06. Just a tad over gunned me thinks.

1 Like

Good work mate, little birds everywhere thank you!

Thats why we do it.

You using that super tech mega expensive bipod again :rofl:

Yep, Havent you heard. Im a techno wiz. :sunglasses: